"What the hell Jackson?!" She was striding towards him. "Text? Really?! You break up with your girlfriend- our best friend- over text in the middle of school?"

Jackson sighed and dropped his head. He knew Elle would be pissed. Fair enough, she would understand why he did it but the how would get him into trouble. It was a little mean (and that's coming from him) but he was running on emotion at the time.

"Ok, Ell-Bell-" He saw her glare at the nickname and swallowed deeply, "-Elle, I know I should have come about it a better way-"

"Damn right you should have!" Elle interrupted.

Jackson scoffed. "Did you really expect me to stay with her after that? I've got a lot going on in my life right now. A lot of changes. I need a fresh start and drop people who are holding me back."

"What about me? Are you going to drop me?" Elle asked, practically whispering.

Jackson shot forward and brought her into a hug. "You're my Ell-Bell. I couldn't drop you even if I wanted to. You tend to hold on too tight." He joked.

Elle whacked his arm. "That's for Lydia. She asked me to hit you."

Jackson rolled his eyes, "Of course she did."

* * *

That weekend, Isabelle, Lydia and Allison had arranged to hang out. Allison however, diverted the trio into the woods before they could make it to the shopping centre.

"Allison- when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping- a five-mile hike in the woods was not what we were expecting," confided Elle. She was a little pissed to be honest. It was her first day off on the weekend for god knows how long (five months and three weeks, not that she was counting!) and she had to spend it trekking through the woods?

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal," mused Allison.

"Did he?" asked Lydia trying to keep her voice neutral.

"Huh. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first," Allison said, walking in front of the two girls with a smirk on her face that was hidden from the others.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends," Elle said as she was confused where this was coming from. She wrapped an arm around Lydia, knowing that whatever she said, it still hurt. She understood Lydia's actions were wrong but she couldn't close herself off to the girl. She made a mistake (a big one) and it happens, they just needed to move on.

"Well, yeah, I mean-It's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything," revealed Allison, that she knew what happened on the last full moon.

Elle let out a huff, still not happy with Lydia for pulling that stunt on Allison. Apparently not everyone had moved on.

"Uh, about that-" Lydia started, but cut herself off when Allison pulled her bow from the black bag she was carrying. She also got out an arrow with an added part just under the tip on the arrow stick, it looked like a slimmer version of a hand-grenade with an arrow through the middle.

"What does that do?" Lydia inquired, worried in case she used it on Elle or herself.

"We're about to find out," Allison spoke, and loaded her weapon with the unknown arrow. She breathed slowly, calming her heartbeat in order to shoot straight. When she felt she was relaxed enough, she let go and it flew into the tree that she was aiming for. It sparked a few times, giving off a bright light that made the three look away.