twenty three

"you're not going back to work?" blake questions me as we both get out of the car.

i shake my head, "i'll probably be back tomorrow." i shrug and he purses his lips.

i know he wants to question me as to why i don't want to go back to the office, but i've dealt with jack enough today. i need a break and the rest of my day to myself.

"okay, see you tomorrow. i'll text you later tonight. when i'm off work." blake waves me off and i say my farewell.

i walk toward my car. i didn't mean to keep him that long, an hour, but we just got lost in conversation during lunch. i like his company a lot. he's not weird and creepy like some other guys i've met.

he's a good listener and he's good at analyzing things. he's good at giving advice and he's good at replying. dismissing the though of blake, i realize that i already sound so whipped. this wasn't even an official date either.

i get into my car and immediately plug in my cellphone. i shuffle my music and a, content with what begins to play.

you dipped a toe inside that water while i'm chest high
explains all this basicness that you get impressed by
tall and lanky so i'm not even a flex guy
commercial melodies to pay to have them jets fly

no more coach and until the day i die stiff
i am at a level most of y'all be satisfied with
want some advice well here's my gift:

you're falling off you should go and speed up the process
go somewhere and find a high cliff

the drive to my apartment isn't long at all and i'm grateful for that. very convenient and i waste less gas, meaning i save more. i quickly park and make my way up to my room.

now, i have to wait a few more hours for blake to text me, or i could just be a rebel and text him right now. how busy could he really be?

[kehlani] try to get off work

[kehlani] i'm bored

[blake] i can't :( gilinsky is pretty much visiting every area and shouting at everyone

[kehlani] why?

[blake] i don't know, but he's firing a shit ton of people too

[kehlani] ugh okay, i'll leave you to work. try not to get fired.

after that, i lock my phone and lay down against the couch. if i were there, he'd probably fire me, but now i'm scared to go back to the office. what if he's actually pissed off at me for not showing up again.

i mean, i did tell him that i was going to return when i wanted to.

my phone starts to ring, scaring me slightly. i fish it out of my purse and sit up, groaning and answering the phone while doing so.

"yes?"

"kehlani!" reagan screams through the phone and i wish i could've slapped her just now. "i got that assistant job!"

her voice is so high pitched and right now, it's annoying me so much. i'm just annoyed with everyone and everything.

"good for you, i want to go to sleep."

"wait, aren't you at work?" she asks and i hear her puzzled tone clearly.

"if you thought that, why would you call me?" i spit. "but to answer your question, no, i'm not at work."

"why are you so moody?"

"i'm not." i answer.

"you sound like it. anyway, that's all i wanted to say. take a nap and call me when you're in a positive mood."

she hangs up before i can talk back. smart girl. we both know that i would have said something she didn't want me to say if she remained on the phone with me.

jack's pov

i run my hand through my hair. well the hell is kehlani? it's been one and a half hours since she's left to go on her 'lunch break' and i sure as hell know that it wasn't just a lunch break.

more like a lunch date.

they both, her and blake, both try to be slick about this whole thing, but they're not and its getting on my damn nerves. i feel like i should just claim her myself because it annoys me when she's with other guys. even if she's just with her best friend.

i storm out of my office once again, looking for more people to take my anger out and fire. when i've dissolved of anger, this is all going to bite me back in the ass because i'm going to have to look over more job applications and/or rehire the people.

i'm just super angry at the moment. kehlani better show up tomorrow and when she does, she has no idea what's headed for her. this time, i won't be so gentle.

"damn, you okay?" i hear a familiar voice speak up, causing me to look in the direction.

"sam, what are you doing here?" i run a hand down my face.

"just came to visit. why do you look like such shit?" he asks me.

"my assistant didn't return from her lunch break." i respond, knowing that i'm going to get shit from him for saying that.

he's going to tell me i'm fucking whipped or something. i'm not whipped, i'm just acting how any boss would if one of their employees just skipped because they wanted to.

"she's causing problems for you?" he ignorantly chuckles. "i told you to fire her before things got complicated and complex." he raises his eyebrows in an 'i told you so' manner.

he didn't necessarily tell me to fire her. more like just asked me if i did.

"no, you didn't." i say.

"yes, i did." he replies.

"shouldn't you be working?" i question.

"shouldn't you?" he retorts. "you're pacing back and forth."

"i'm firing people, sam." i tell him.

"chill, gilinsky. go find someone to bang or something. you'll get over your anger that way."

kehlani's pov

next day.

on my way up to jack's office, i greet many people including olivia, johnson, and blake. i successfully avoided alexa's stupid ass.

"where the hell did you go yesterday?" jack voice loudly asks when i step inside of the office.

i look up at him and he looks angry, "i went home after i went out to eat."

"with blake?" he narrows his eyes at me.

i reluctantly nod my head.

"if i've had my mouth on you, you're mine. if i've touched you where other people haven't, you're mine."

{vote, comment, share}

TRIPLE UPDATE BUT JACK IS SO BIPOLAR IM?????