Try Harder, Dunbar

Start from the beginning

"Call 911."

[•]

"Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping," Lydia told everyone surrounding Stiles' Jeep the next morning, "It was a real disorder. It was night terrors.." Aspen frowned.

Last night, after Lydia, Malia, and Kira had found her and the bodies, Aspen had stuck around, talking to the Sheriff about what had happened, when Scott had found the prisoner that was being held in the van, Donovan. He told them that it turned out to be Tracy Stewart that had killed her father, and fatally wounded two others.

"The night of the full moon," she spoke up from in between Malia and Stiles, "She helped me get my Reese's out of the vending machine. I mean, s-she seemed fine.."

Stiles sighed. "Well now she's the night terror, especially since no one can find her." He looked at Scott, who surveyed the group. "Okay, I know we're all tired and miserable.." Scott stopped, glancing at Mason, who stood next to him. "Except for you." Mason's eyebrows shot up and he looked around, a grin on his face. "Oh, I'm sorry.. This is all just mind-blowing." He held a hand out, motioning to Kira. "You're a kitsune," he exclaimed, "I don't even know what that is."

Kira managed a weak smile. "I'm still learning."

"Liam, we said you could tell him," Stiles grumbled, "Not invite him to the inner circle." Liam gave him an apologetic look, turning his gaze to his shoes.

Mason raised an eyebrow, pointing to himself. "I-I'm in the inner circle?"

"No."

"Guys, look," Scott interrupted, "Back to Tracy."

"She's just one lone wolf," he told them, "We can find her."

"One lone, serial killing wolf," Malia pointed out. Stiles tilted his head. "Well, she only killed one person, you know.. The other two were mauled. What do we do when we catch her?"

Malia looked to Scott. "I say we put her down." Everyone glanced at the uneasy look on Scott's face, watching for his reaction. He avoided their gazes. Mason nodded his head, his brown eyes flicking from Scott to Stiles.

"Intense.."

Aspen bit her lip, looking at Scott carefully. "Let's concentrate on catching her first," she suggested. Scott gave her a grateful smile, saying, "Yeah.. We'll figure out the rest later."

They shared a small smile before the bell signaling five minutes before first period rang. The group broke and Aspen made sure to get out of there as fast as possible to avoid talking to Liam.

It was hard enough to ignore his concerned glances, the feeble attempts to hold her hand, et cetera, but she wasn't going to ignore the fact that he blew her off the night before. But, sadly, she knew she had to talk to him at some point.

She just didn't want to this early in the morning.

Aspen hurriedly made her way inside the building, Liam on her heels, when he caught her wrist. She turned around, avoiding his eyes.

"We're gonna be late.." she muttered, trying to pull her hand away, but he kept a firm yet soft grip. "What's up with you?" he asked cautiously, furrowing his brow in concern.

"You really forgot, didn't you?" she said, her head snapping up to look at him. She laughed breathily, and yanked her wrist away, leaving the young werewolf extremely confused.

"Wait, Asp-" He quickly set off for her down the hall. "What are you talking about?"

She spun around, glaring at him. "Last night. Italian? Six o' clock?"