"Ew." I make a face.

"Sorry. You can't really blame me, though." He winks.

"Okay. Good night!"

"Um..Nandini?"

"Yeah?"

Uncertainly, he takes a few steps towards me. When I don't move back, he comes even closer.

The reaction is instant. My heart starts racing and I think I can feel my hormones coursing through my blood. Very slowly, he places his hand on my cheek.

"We can't prevent the inevitable from happening. All we can do is live our life with the truth and try to be happy." He murmurs, looking straight into my eyes. The intensity of his gaze is overwhelming my senses. "Do you understand?"

I nod, not breaking eye contact.

"Good." He mutters and shocking me, engulfs me into a hug.

His hands are tightly wrapped around me and slowly, he lowers his head to the crook of my neck. I can feel his hot breath on my skin as his nose skims on it.

After a moment, I place my arms around his shoulder and he squeezes me closer. My heart has gone berserk and I feel like every cell in my body is jumping out of its boundary in glee.

After a minute, he pulls away and my mind screams in protest.

"You are so beautiful." He places a finger on my chin and murmurs huskily. His eyes are fixed on my mouth and his gaze is sending tingles through my body. He gently runs his thumb across my lower lip and I feel a slight pressure build up at my core.

Slowly, he leans down to my lips. His breath is hot on my face and our lips are just inches apart. I close my eyes, waiting to taste his mouth.

Suddenly, we hear footsteps behind us and he quickly pulls back. I turn around to see a servant retreating into the kitchen.

Our beautiful moment got fucked!

We stare at each other in silence. He looks deep in thought, as if he is trying to figure something out.

"Good night!" He croaks and leaves instantly.

He hugged me. And he was going to kiss me. If only that servant had not arrived..

I am lying in bed, wide awake. Manik came so close to me today. And I didn't push him away. I had wanted him closer. I want to feel his arms around me again. I vividly remember how he was about to kiss me, how the anticipation was making me weak in the knee. His body, tightly pressed against mine felt divine. Nobody has ever held me the way he did, with so much...passion.

Eventually, I fall asleep thinking about the guy who makes me forget everything else.

..........

"Merry Christmas!" Jenny's voice booms through my room as she enters, drawing the curtains.

"Lemme sleep." I grumble.

"Get up now. We have to open the gifts, have the Christmas lunch and then you have to go to Cabir's for the party! Come on."

"Merry Christmas!" I mutter, extending my arms to her.

"Wish you all the happiness, honey!" She says hugging me.

I quickly take a shower and go down to see each and every inch of the house covered in something red or white.

"Wow, Jenny. You're surely taking advantage of Nyonika not being around." I praise.

"Oh, don't speak of the devil dear." She winks and I giggle.

After settling down on the couch, we exchange gifts. I give Jenny a beautiful shawl which she loves. I even thought of buying something for the bodyguard while ordering online, only since he is protecting me 24x7 (yeah, right. My subconscious rolls her eyes). But then, decided against it.