Your Song

Edward Cullen

There I was again tonight; forcing laughter, faking smiles. Same old tired lonely place

You shifted awkwardly in the dress, a sigh escaping your lips. Everyone tried sparking a conversation with you, feeling pity for you coming alone to the event.
It took everything in you not to leave now, knowing that being new, you could meet someone and become friends.
But so far, nothing was happening.

Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face

You starting feeling more insecure now, everyone around you had started pulling away to dance with their dates. A sinking feeling grew in your stomach, eyes dropping to the floor. Your eyes looked up again and you scanned around for the door but stopped short. A beautiful face stood next to the wall, seeming he had the same idea as you as he, too, looked around a bit lost. His eyes met yours and he smiled at you.

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you. Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette starts to make its way to me; the playful conversation starts, counter all your quick remarks like passing notes in secrecy

His eyes looked sort of dazed for a moment as if remembering something. You rose your eyebrows confused. He shook it off and started walking towards you, an adorable smile plastered on his face.
"Hi," he said as he stood next to you.
"Hello."
"My name's Edward, may I know yours so I don't call you Pretty Girl in my head."
A laugh escaped your lips and you snorted. "Does that line work on girls?"
Edward grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck, "I don't know, you're the first girl i've actually talked to other than my family."
You blushed and grinned thinking how cute he looked.
"Y/N Y/L/N."
Edward grinned at you, "well then Y/N daughter of Y/L/N, would you please partner me with a dance."
You giggled and slipped your arm into his awaiting one, "I'm sure I can check with my non-existent line of males waiting for a dance."
Edward threw his head back and laughed, his musical laughter made you grin at him.

And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

You thought as he twirled you in the song.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

The dance ended sooner than you hoped, but you knew it wouldn't be the last time you two would meet. Edward kissed you on the cheek and slipped a paper into your hand, "I hope we can talk again outside of school maybe." You stared at him and he bit his lip sheepishly. A slow grin spread across your face, "I'd like that."

The lingering question kept me up 2 AM, 'who do you love?'
I wonder 'til I'm wide awake and now I'm pacing back and forth wishing you were at my door. I'd open up and you would say, "Hey, it was enchanting to meet you, all I know is I was enchanted to meet you."

You lay in bed staring at the ceiling with your mother's question stuck in your mind. She had taken a look at your excited dazed face and asked who was the boy you were in love with. But you looked at her confused. You just met Edward, there was no way you loved him. Liked strongly? Yes. But love? You didn't know.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, this night is flawless, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone.
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, I was enchanted to meet you

You blushed the next day remembering what happened the night before. Without being able to contain your happiness, you jumped around laughing.

This is me praying that this was the very first page, not where the story line ends.
My thoughts will echo your name until I see you again.
These are the words I held back as I was leaving too soon. I was enchanted to meet you

You were confused and a bit hurt now. Did Edward forget you or was last night just a joke you wondered as you saw a girl wrap her arms around Edward's waist causing him to laugh. Whilst laughing, Edward's eyes managed to find your figure on the other side of the hall as you held your locker, looking down near him. Your eyes snapped up when you felt someone stare at you; Edward sent you a grin making you bleakly smile back at him. His eyes furrowed at your fake smile but couldn't do anything about it as the bell rang and you disappeared into the crowd.

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

You thought helplessly as you ran to your next class.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home.I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, this night is flawless, don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you

A sigh bubbled inside of you, maybe last night was too true to be good.

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

Edward followed you and listened to your thoughts. He wasn't but he guessed you didn't know the girl who hugged him was Alice who was excited to find out about Edward finally liking someone. A tired smile appeared on his face, he would just have to show you that he liked you as much as you liked him.

○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ●
HIIIIIIIIIIIII
Sorry for going invisible for a while, had exams and found out I failed one so my mom grounded me. I'm back though and I hope i'll be able to stay this time.
Just a friendly reminder because i'm not sure everyone knows this, you guys can request preferences if you'd like or imagines.
Last but not least THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO MUCH FOR THE 23K AJDKAKDNFJEFJDB
I'M EXCITED AF KNOWING YOU GUYS READ MY WORK SJEKAJDJ2OMFSLM

~Senpei