Chapter 8

"You guys ready?" Angelica's father, Tom shouted from below.

"Yes, we are!" Laura answered as her daughter's hand was gripped tightly on to her fingers as they elegantly walked down the stairs.

Laura was adding the final touch they both needed before they left home for their special dinner.

"Finally I thought you both were never gonna get done with it..." He muttered but Angelica heard it even when her cat ears were hidden in her hair and smiled at her father.

"Oh come here, sweetie!" He kneeled down as she walked towards him. "Today my darling is looking so pretty..." He complimented her and she gave her mesmerising smile in return as thanks, her eyes shining brighter than before.

She never used to get compliments like those, only dirty expletives. And she could never get used to those now for they played like music to her ears.

"And what about me?" His wife asked with a pout. "Oh, for you? I have no words... You look amazing everyday..." And Laura smiled with a blush forced upon her cheek as Tom held her narrow waist and pressed his lips against her cheek.

Angelica just watched and realised that how beautiful love could be. She was old enough to understand it.

In fact she envied her parents. At least they had enough love to spend all their life with each other. She would never get that. She is not normal and is always treated like a freak. She would never get to live every girl's dream

"Come Princess, we have to go now!" The little kitten shook her head to remove the depressing thoughts in her mind, looked up to her father as she held the finger he offered.

They made their way to the Scott's and reached in time for their 9 o'clock reservation. The distance between home and the restaurant was very short so they walked.

Angelica was happy at the position she was. She had her mom on one side and her dad on the other and were talking about different things that were worth sharing.

They were shown their table and they gladly sat. Angelica sat with Laura near the window and Tom sat opposite to her.

Both her parents were talkative, she knew, which only made her stand out. Her parents went on blabbering and chattering while dear Angelica sighed and looked out of the window, admiring the view outside.

She observed that the ground outside was halfly available to cars that needed to be parked and the other half was used as playground for children. Which did get her excited.

She loved the playground especially the set of swings but whenever she used to go there, all the children used to shout 'monster' and run away from her. So at those times, the playground used to be all hers which she used to enjoy in silence.

Right now, she decided that the moment she was done with dinner, she would beg her parents to allow her to play outside. After all, it did seem like a long time she's actually gone there.

"Ma'am? Sir? May take you order?" Both of her parents nodded and that brought the little kitty's attention on to the table.

"Yes, ummm.... Madam over here, will take a white sauce chicken pasta and a lemon margarita... I will take a red sauce spaghetti with meatballs and coke... while my daughter will take a fish and chips... oh, and just make sure the fish is a bit uncooked..." Angelica smiled at the waiter innocently.

Her parents did know her likes and dislikes well. And that made her happy.

The waiter was young, maybe in his twenties, glanced at her as he wrote the order down. He then looked up and recited the whole order up to the mark. But he tried pretending that she wasn't there.