Chapter 3

I felt the goosebumps on my arms as I stepped out of the car.

"We're here!" My mom sounded excited.

"Is it too late to drive back?" I asked nervously.

"You'll be fine. At least you have your phone so you can call me whenever you want!"

I looked around and I saw teenagers with their families. They were hugging and giving them goodbye kisses.

My brother is away at college, and my dad, well he was just too busy to come.

I gave my mom a huge hug and a goodbye kiss.

"I love you ama, see you in 2 weeks" I felt like a 5 year old because I didn't want her to leave.

"I love you too mija, take care" She got back in the car and drove away. I swear I could have almost started crying.

I walked into this big room that had rows of chairs. I decided to sit in the corner chair of the back row. All kinds of teenagers came in groups of 3 or 4. I was just a loner.

Once the room was filled up a lady came to the front of the room. She was very pretty and she seemed young, she was probably in her early 30's.

"Hey everyone! My name is Liz and I am the coordinator of Camp Getaway! I am very excited that you all came an sacrificed 2 weeks of your summer vacation to be here! This is the first year and I am very happy that many of you came. I have a lot planned for the upcoming weeks but before I have a very exciting surprise to share with you all!"

Everyone looked confused. A surprise? We all looked around the room to see if anything popped out.

"I needed a few counselors for this year to help you all really come out and express yourselves and I thought these guys would help with that! Boys, please come out!" She was a very smiley lady.

Then the 5 boys came out in a single file line. Hay. Dios. Mio. Could it be?

They were One Direction.

The girls in the room were literally screaming so loud I swear probably China could hear them.

The boys were just standing there smiling waiting for the girls to calm down and then Liam started talking.

"We are very excited to be here with you all! We hope we all can be friends and we also hope you all open up to us. Let us know what's on your minds."

Zayn started speaking too, "We hope these next 2 weeks are unforgettable and you all really connect with each other and yourselves. There's nothing better than being there for each other and being proud of who you really are."

Liz came back to the front. "So since it is 5 o'clock, we are going to let you all go and find your cabin. You all were assigned your cabin with 2 other people of your gender. After you get settled please join us for a bonfire on the beach where we will be introducing ourselves and doing some singing with the boys. So go ahead, be free!"

Right when she finished talking, everyone ran toward the front to take pictures and talk to One Direction. As much as I am a fan, I didn't come to meet them, I came to think about my life.

I walked outside to look for my cabin. I went to the one closest to the beach on the end hoping my name was on the paper. Sure enough, 'Aliyana Ramirez' was written on the paper.

I walked in and saw 3 beds. 1 was in the far left corner and 2 were right next to each other on the right of the room. I chose the lonely one. I put my suitcase on my bed and started making my bed. I put my suitcase on the desk next to my bed. As I was organizing my part of the cabin, 2 blonde girls walked in, giggling.

"Oh my god you should have seen the way Harry Styles looked at me. I think he was... Hi." She looked over at me in the corner.

I might as well introduce myself.

"Hi I'm Aliyana."

The tall blonde girl said, "Hi I'm Hailey. This is Krista. Do you know why the beds are arranged this way?"

"Um, they were like that when I came in, I assumed you all were together so I left the 2 for you girls." I was quite nervous.

"Whatever" Hailey said. Someone is sassy.

Krista had blonde hair with light brown highlights. "Why didn't you stay to take a picture with One Direction??" She asked me.

Hailey talked before I could even answer. "Krista! She obviously doesn't care for them. Think before you talk." I then heard her say under her breath "she knows she won't have a chance with them"

Yea like I can't hear her. I finally answered Krista. "Well I wanted to find the cabin. Plus they'll be here for 2 weeks and everyone was crowing them. It's not like I won't have another chance. If I would have gone up to them now, they would have thought I'm some crazy fan girl." I started walking out to get to the beach.

This is gunna be an interesting 2 weeks.