+ nine

chapter nine
***

aera laid quietly, her back facing jaebum. she thought it was kind of funny that they slept apart even though they knew what position they'd be in when they were to wake up in the morning.

she could feel jaebum squirming under the blanket and she let a smug smile cross her face.

she wasn't stupid. she knew what effect she had on jaebum when she said certain things a certain way, she knew she wasn't awfully unattractive, and she knew that jaebum didn't exactly dislike the way the two ended up pressed against each other.

she'd been feeling helpless lately, under jaebum's intimidating glare and his rude comments, but with this newfound effect that she had over him, she finally felt like she could breathe again. in fact, she felt mischievous.

"sir," aera began, letting the word leave her lips as a sigh. still turned away from him, she felt jaebum's movements come to a halt. "why are you squirming?"

"uncomfortable," he quickly said. "i just feel uncomfortable."

"then take the blanket off of you," she suggested, moving to lift the sheets away from his body.

"no! that's fine!" he exclaimed in a panic, pulling the comforter closer to him. "it's fine."

"then what's bothering you? are you not warm enough?"

"that's probably it," jaebum nodded, clearing his throat. "i should get another blanket."

aera sighed, deciding to have some fun. she scooted closer to him and he made no move to show his disinterest. she balled the front of his shirt in her fists and pulled him closer, hooking her leg around his waist tightly so that their hipbones met roughly. her head rested against his throat but she tilted her head upward to explain her actions.

"it'll happen eventually," she explained.

jaebum's cheeks reddened noticeably.

"goodnight," she paused. "sir."

she felt him stir once more, his upper half staying completely still while his legs twisted and turned. slowly and hesitantly, he wrapped his arm around her securely and they fell asleep.

-

-

-

"jaebum! aera!" miss im called from the kitchen.

aera's eyes snapped open, taking in jaebum's sleeping form. she released his waist from her leg's strong grip and let go of his now wrinkled shirt. his arm was still tightly locked around aera's body and she realized that she would have to wake him.

"sir," she said against his throat.

his body shifted as he snuggled even closer to baek aera, his arm moving lower and pulling harder so that their hipbones met once again. jaebum let out a deep sigh, signaling that he'd finally found a comfortable position.

"hey! jaebum!" she suddenly yelled.

jaebum's eyebrows furrowed and his eyes opened slowly. when he pulled his arm away to rub the sleep from his eyes, aera's body went limp beside him.

"what, why, what?" jaebum stuttered, sitting up.

"miss im called us," aera explained, she herself getting up and running her fingers through her hair.

jaebum clambered to his feet and made his way to the bedroom door. the two of them stumbled out, ending up directly in front of miss im.

"we're out of supplies," miss im said. "here's my card and the grocery list."

miss im shoved the objects into her son's hands.

"what?" he said, dazed. "why me?"

"both of you! now, out!" she ordered, shoving the two disheveled roommates out the door.

with a smug grin, the lady slammed the door shut behind them, finally able to release the accomplished sigh she'd been holding.