Pulling back slowly, you could feel the blood rush to your cheeks in anger, and before you knew it the glass in your hand was empty, as the sweet liquid dripped slowly down Callie’s front.

“(YOURNAME)!” you heard your mother all but yell, from the end of the table. You whipped your head to look at her, she didn’t look mad, she looked concerned. “why in God’s name did you do that?” she asked throwing her hands into the air. The words were caught in your throat, as you turned to look at Callie. Her eyes were shooting daggers at you. 

The sweat dewed on the palms of your hands, as you could feel all eyes on you. “well missy, what do you have to say for yourself?” your mother asked. You looked back at her but before another word was exchanged you were up on your feet and running out the back door.

The rigged wind bit at your bare skin, as you sat there in the grass of your back yard. Your eyes were set in front of you, as you stared out into the abyss of darkness. 

There was no way you were going back in there. You felt like every thing you had before was ruined, all thanks to Callie.

The warm tears that slipped over the brims of your eyes soon became trails of ice as they gradually slid down your raw cheeks. 

Scotty’s POV

“NO COME ON!!!” he yelled at the TV, as he stood up, throwing his hands into the air, then slowly sitting back down. “before you get to into that game can you please take the garbage out?” he heard his mother call from the kitchen. “yeah, hold on” Scotty called over his shoulder, while his eyes stuck to the screen. “Scotty.” Judy spoke quite sternly. Without another word Scotty got up off the couch and slowly walked out into the kitchen. His fingers grasped onto the black plastic of the garbage bag, then he turned and hauled it out towards the back door. “thank you!” he heard his mother say just as he closed the door. 

He stood there by the door for just a second, letting his eyes adjust to the blackness, then he walked to the side of the porch, where he leaned over the railing and dropped the bag into the garbage can below. 

Stepping away from the railing, he looked out into the yard. It was a calm quiet night. The temperature was low and cold, all while the snow from yesterday was gone, melted into the grass. 

He glanced across the yard, just taking a look around before he’d head back in. But just as he was about to turn around, his body stiffened as he found her shadow sitting in the grass. The wind whipped her hair around carelessly. Her body was stiff, all expect for her shoulders, which moved up and down slowly in the pattern of her breath. What is she doing out here? 

He walked to the top of the stairs, not fully sure what he was doing, but before he knew it he called out her name. 

Her hands instantly ran up to her face, moving quickly across before she turned around and looked at him. He could barely see her expression but her voice gave it all away. “Scotty?”. Her sweet gentle voice wrenched at his heart. How could she do that to me?

“what are you doing out here?” he asked subconsciously. She didn’t say a word as she turned and looked away. “aren’t you cold?” he called out. “no, I’m fine” she stated, as she kept her eyes forward, along with her body. 

He stood there, watching her for just a moment. His fingers grasping at the back of his neck. With an exasperated breath he made his way down the stairs, keeping his eyes on her. His feet sunk slightly into the grass as he made his way towards her. She slowly turned and looked at him. Her eyes were red and puffy, she had been crying. Oh shoot.