Chapter 105...

2 weeks later

School was getting tougher. Each class piling more and more work on you, as if you didn’t already have things to think about. Scotty was off in the Philippines and was suppose to be coming home in the next few days. That’s the main thing that was roaming your mind.

Pulling open your locker, you looked up towards the shelf as you reached up and placed your books in their rightful place. The light buzzing feeling on your side brought your hand down, and you pulled your phone out of your pocket. Looking at the screen, you seen ‘mommy’ written in tiny print in the blue square. Underneath you could see the beginning of the text ‘Hurry up and come outside Scotty..’. Your eyes widened quickly, as you unlocked your phone to see the full message. 

‘Hurry up and come outside Scotty is only ten minutes away from home!!!’ With an ever so excited smile on your face, you turned and slammed your locker shut, then turned and began to run down the hallway.

“woah, whats the rush (yourname)?” James called as you ran past them. “Scotty’s home!!!” you said smiling back at them, then turning to look in front of you once again. The sound of stomping feet behind you echoed through the hallways, and soon James, Chris, and Jake were all by your side, running down the hall with you.

Pushing open the double doors, you looked around for your parents car, but instead you spotted the McCreery’s black truck, sitting there in the parking lot, and leaning up against it was none other than Scotty. 

“SCOTTY!” you yelled as you ran across the parking lot, with the three boys trailing behind you. Scotty chuckled once you reached him, and he engulfed you in his arms.

You didn’t want to let go, as you clung to his white t-shirt. “(yourname)?” Scotty asked in a slightly strained tone. “yeah?” you breathed quietly. “could you let go?” he asked. Confusion sprung on your face as you pulled away. That’s when you noticed the light red color sprinkled on his face, and arms. “did Scotty get to much sun?” you asked, as you giggled. He put his hands in his pockets, and looked around, not wanting to meet your gaze. “maybe” he said quietly.

-

Climbing out of the truck, you walked up to the bed of it and stood there, as Scotty was already standing there. There was a smile plastered on his face that just seemed to not want to disappear. “what?” you asked, pushing a few strands of hair behind your ear. He chuckled, as his eyes fixated on yours. “nothing” he said softly, as he pulled you into a hug, not caring about his sun burn. Closing your eyes, you just hugged him back, not wanting to ruin the moment. 

“(yourname) sweet heart, come on in, i need to speak with you!” you heard your mom call from the front porch. Opening your eyes, you slowly pulled away from Scotty. Smiling at him as you began to walk backwards. “see you in a little while?” you asked, a frown pressed on his lips “I can’t i already made plans with James, tomorrow?” he asked, you nodded, in understanding, then turned around and headed in for the house.

-

Scotty’s POV

The faint sound of a car outside had taken Scotty’s attention away from the TV, along side the phone buzzing in his pocket. Slipping his fingers between the smooth fabric of his shorts, he pulled out his iphone and looked at the screen. The simple five letter word, spelling out James, had made him realize that he was out side and wanted Scotty to come answer the door before he would have to knock.

Getting up off the couch, Scotty jogged to the door and briskly opened the door. Standing there was James, hand raised and in a fist, as if about to knock on the door. He dropped his arm and smile “hey brotha” he said “hey man, come on in” Scotty said stepping side, allowing James to step into the humble household.