Chapter 49...

The sun was barely peeking over the horizon, when you began to wake up, someone was softly shaking you, you kept your eyes closed hoping that they would go away, but they didn’t, they just continued shaking you. Opening your eyes now, you let out a groan “morning sweetheart” you heard a high pitched voice whisper, rolling over you found your mother sitting there, on your bed, smiling at you. “what time is it?” you asked in a tired voice as you softly rubbed your eyes. “It’s only five twelve” your mother said as she removed strands of hair away from your face. “in the morning? Why are you waking me up at this time?” you asked giving her a very confused look “honey it’s sunday” she said frowning a bit “sunday?” you asked, she nodded “oh, Scotty’s leaving today, isn’t he?” you asked, she nodded. The thought of Scotty leaving, felt like you were being punched as hard as possible in the chest, the silence between your mom and you was deep. She got up from the bed than “the McCreery’s are downstairs, come down when your ready, we’ll eat then were dropping Scotty and his mom off at the airport” your mom said as she left the room, she turned around and looked at you, you nodded your head in understanding, then she closed the door behind her.

Waiting for your mom to go back downstairs, you sat there in bed and just starred out the window. The sound of a door slamming, from outside, made you jump slightly. Leaning a bit you watched as Scotty walked out of your house, and back to his. Confused as to what he was doing, you looked from the McCreery’s back door and up to Scotty’s room, waiting for him to walk through the door. Seconds past and Scotty walked through his bed room door, you watched as he went straight for his bed, he laid down upon it and covered his face with a pillow. Rolling your eyes slightly, you got up out of bed, threw on the closest thing near you and headed out of your room and downstairs.

Chattering people surrounded you  as you walked into the kitchen “morning” you said. Everyone looked up from what they were doing “morning” they all said in a mumble “where’s Scotty?” you asked, even though you knew where he was “over at our house, he had to go get something, will you please go get him?” Mrs. McCreery said, you smiled at her and nodded your head “of course” you said as you headed for the back door. Opening it up, you took a step out into the cold and quickly shut the door behind you. Then you made a run for it over to Scotty’s house.

Stepping into the house, there was nothing but silence. The house was dark, which made it very hard to see as you made your way through the dining room and up the staircase.

Reaching the top, you saw Scotty’s bedroom door open, a smile came across your face as you quietly walked to his bedroom. Peering into the room, Scotty was no where in sight. “where’d he go?” you asked yourself out loud as you stepped into the room. Just then, you felt someones arms wrap around you, you let out a scream as they picked you up and threw you onto the bed. Turning around then, you found Scotty sitting there next to you, laughing. “no fair! i wanted to scare you” you said in a upset tone “(yourname) youre like a kitten, there is nothing scary about a kitten” he joked, as he got up off the bed and began pacing in front of you. “are you okay?” you asked him “yeah, yeah i’m fine” he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Standing up you grabbed Scotty by the arm and pulled him back to the bed “Scotty, you’re not okay, tell me whats wrong, please?” you begged. He let out a sigh and looked at you for a moment, then looked down at his hands, which were resting on his lap. “i dont know, i just feel like this idol thing may be a waste of time…” he trailed off “do i have to give you the whole, i know your gonna go far, speech again, Scotty?” you chuckled “no, it’s just, i feel like if i go, then” he began “then what?” you asked “nevermind, lets go” he said getting up off the bed “Scotty, you can’t just leave me hanging like that, i’m your best friend, or so that’s what i think, but you have to tell me” you said getting up off the bed and placing your hands on your hips. “it’s nothing, don’t worry about it” he said walking over to his dresser and digging through it “whatever.” you flatly said as you waited for him to get whatever he needed. “here” he said turning back around and chucking something at you, you caught it and held it out in front of you “your sweatshirt? why are you giving this to me?” you asked, with a confused look on your face “well, since i’m gonna be gone, i want you to wear that, whenever you miss me” he said with a smile “oh, alright” you said taking it and putting it on “what you miss me already?’ he asked “in a way, yes” you said with a smile on your face “how?’ he asked crossing his arms in front of his chest “i dont know, it’s complicated” you laughed “girls, there a mystery” he said, speaking to himself “hey, you gotta love us!” you said walking out of his room “haha, i guess i do” he said following behind you, as you headed out of the house.

Soon enough it was time to go to the airport. You were riding with the McCreery’s in their family truck. Every inch you got closer to the airport, the more you became sad. You knew you werent gonna be able to hold the whole happy act together as Scotty was gonna leave, but you knew you had to try to, or Scotty would change his mind.

As you pulled into the airport parking lot, Scotty grabbed your hand and lightly squeezed it, you smiled at him and then you both got out. Helping them grab their bags, you all headed for the correct terminal. Scotty stayed by you the whole time, as much as you didn’t want him to leave, he didn’t want to leave either, so he tried to spend every second with you as possible.

After twenty minutes of going through everything, it was time for Scotty to leave. Standing there behind your parents, you tried to hide, it seemed childish but you didn’t want to hug Scotty goodbye, you didn’t want to say goodbye, you just wanted this all to be a dream, but you knew it wasn’t. You watched as Mr. McCreery and Scotty hugged, then Scotty went to his sister Ashley, while Mrs. McCreery said goodbye to her husband. Soon enough Scotty was walking your way he shook your dads hand, and your father wished him good luck, then he gave your mom a brief hug, then it was your turn. You too just stood there, a little over a yard apart, tears already welling up in your eyes, you couldnt take it anymore, you quickly walked over to Scotty, he caught you in his arms, and kept his grip tight around you, not wanting to let you go. “i’m gonna miss you Scotty” you whispered “i’m gonna miss you too, but don’t worry, i’ll be back soon, i promise” he whispered back, you nodded your head, you had no clue what else to say, Scotty pulled away from you for a second, still holding you in his arms, “i love you (yourname) he said, “i love you too, Scotty” you said as more tears slid down your cheeks. Scotty then leaned in and softly kissed your cheek. He then slowly began to back away and headed for the plane. Your heart dropped, as he disappeared. “it’s gonna be alright hun” your dad said pulling you in close to him and rubbing your back. “he’ll be back soon” Ashley McCreery said, as she came up behind you “i know” you softly said looking down at the ground. “wanna go watch his plane fly away?” Mr. McCreery asked, nodding your head, you all walked over towards the window and stood there and waited for the plane to take off.

Scotty’s P.O.V.

Taking his window seat on the plane, Scotty took a deep breath. “you okay, sweetheart?” Mrs. McCreery asked “yeah, i’m fine” he said smiling at her “alright” she said. Scotty then turned to the window and opened up the curtain, he could see airport, and the familiar faces starring back at him, he smiled slightly seeing his dad, Ashley, Mr. & Mrs (last name). But then when he saw your expression, he pain shot through him. He hated seeing you upset, but he knew that if he didn’t go through with this, you would be upset for many reasons. Soon enough the plane started and Scotty waved goodbye as it took off in the air.

Your P.O.V

As the plane took off, you slowly back away from the window “ready to go?” your dad asked, you just nodded and quickly headed out of the airport.