Chapter Eighteen: Fueling Our Relationship

Start from the beginning

"It's so hot. It wouldn't be right to have me melt away." Jay exclaims. Everyone hesitantly glances at him. "It's not like Twin Falls isn't around the next mile or two."

No one says a thing. We all keep quiet.

"Please." Jay says.

It's silent and no one answers.

"Please."

I purse my lips and breathe in deeply as I harden my gaze outside.

"I am begging."

"Jay..." Bella begins with a tender voice.

One way for breaking the news to him. The news that maybe it's not a good idea for right now.

"Well, I don't see why not?" Liam pipes in and I double take in Liam's direction.

Bella whips around in her seat and lifts her sunglasses on top of her head and she stares at him with disbelief.

"Do you not remember what happened the last time we came?"

Liam sheepishly grins while having a mischievous look in his eyes, "Ah, yes. Last time."

His smile is now full blown, as he looks up as if he can see the memories in the sky. Bella groans and hangs her head low. Liam looks back at me and his lips form into a light smirk. I freeze as I remember what he remembers and I quickly look away. Holy shit. I can't believe he just remembered that. I feel a blush coming along and I turn my face toward the window to breeze it out.

It was during our junior year that we went to Twin Falls with the group: Bella, Liam, Kai, Veronica, David, Kaiko, and Jess, now this was all before our seventeenth birthday and the whole mermaid situation. It was past midnight when we went to Twin Falls and long story short, there was some skinny dipping, some horny teenagers, innocent moves, some angry folk, and running for our dear life all because Twin Falls is private property and we did trespass there late at night. It's not like it was our firs time. It has been done numerous times. Each time better than before, and our last time was particularly interesting than all the others.

"Oh, come on. It's been so long...and people do it all the time, plus, Jay hasn't been there. Let's go." Liam reasons.

Bella stares at him for a minute before she turns to me and then we're staring at each other. I don't know how I feel about going back after five years, especially with Liam, but...we seem to be okay now. It is the day time and we don't have any pot brownies. The only concern would be not to get wet.

I shrug, "Okay, why not?"

Bella's eyes narrow a bit and her eyebrows furrow together, but then her lips twitch upward.

"Okay, Twin Falls it is."

As we're nearing Twin Falls, Bella directs Jay onto the side of the road a mile on foot away from the entrance. Taking a quick sip of water and having a quick bite from our snacks, we hop out of the car and begin to walk down the road. This is where we usually parked when we visited Twin Falls. It may be a tough walk, but it's only to not get caught. I'm leading upfront, because I know the path like the back of my hand. That's when I hear footsteps walking behind me. I turn my head, startled to find Liam catching up with my stride.

"So, have you been here since the last time?" he asks while wagging his eyebrows.

I purse my lips sending him a teasing glare.

"No." I snap, picking up my pace.

He barks out laughing and I can't help but look back to see him actually laughing, and the sight is worth it. It's been a while since I've seen him laugh. Without me knowing, a smile begins to creep on my face. I face forward again only to run into a large green leaf. A sound of surprise and a grunt escapes my mouth. I hear Liam burst into laughter and Bella and Jay joining along. I grumble some incoherent words and step aside as I march forward.