Prologue

Once upon a time, long ago, there was a father who loved his daughter. This story is as old as time itself, for what father doesn't love their little girls more than life itself? No matter how much those little girls may grow up and turn into beautiful women, they are always their daddy's little girl. 

Over time, there have been many little girls that have grown up. But perhaps, the most important little girl is the one that surrounds us. Every day, she makes the world turn with her raw power. Clouds, snow, hurricanes, typhoons, tsunamis, earthquakes, she makes them all happen.

And like all little girls, she once had a father who loved her so. But he sacrificed himself for her.

Do you know who she is? 

 Do you know how she became this way?

Do you know who she has chosen?

Why, people like her, of course.

A/N: This is my SECOND ROTBTD thing, as I didn't like my first one, even though I was a good 20 chapters into it. Oh, well. 

So, you guys might have to wait for the next chapter, as I am trying to get this finished as soon as possible (I think that I'm almost done.....) and then write book two!!! Yay!

So, most ROTBTD stuff does things from all of the character's P.O.V.s, but this is just going to be Merida. All Merida. Don't worry, I'll get to the others in the next books.

THERE ARE NO SHIPS. The Big Four are just getting to know each other, but I'm going to have stuff in the next ones. Yes, I am trying to kill you guys with all of the sexual tension. I do that. So, for right now, you can ship whatever you want ( I mean, with the... Oh, you get what I mean) but be warned: you may not ship what I have planned. (Or, you know what? Ship whatever the heck you want. It's the Internet. Not like I can do anything about that.)

This is dedicated to ArrowsAndFire for writing one of my favorite ROTBTD things, though I just read it last night.

Dang, this is long. I'm gonna wrap this up with my usual mantra: Vote, comment, and happy reading!!!

~Allie