Chapter 10

Well it's been around 3-4 days and me and Jake have just been making awkward eye contact. My god how hard is it to just come up to me. I mean I'm a human being what am I going to do rip his head off? No. Well... Anyway we have our haunted trail walk tonight so hopefully were put into a group. Together. Better yet I hope we get to choose our groups.
Any way it is almost lunch time and here I am sitting on the beach, painting my nails a beautiful robins egg color. ( I'm really immature but can we take a moment to laugh at the word egg!) Just as I finish up I hear mermaid. One of the lifeguards  blow the whistle. Everyone comes rushing back and grabs their towels and shorts and stuff like that.
I walk into the dining hall and smile at Jake. Look at me making the moves. I sit down and start digging into the grilled cheese and fries that they have put out for us. We all talk about tonight.
"Dylan are you excited for tonight?" Kate asked
"I mean I don't really know what to expect so I don't know?"
"Oh yeah I forgot this is your first year!" Maggie added.
"Well basically you get to pick your group of about 10 or less. Then when it gets dark you walk along the trail we took earlier but the older cabins and councilors scare us." Maddie informed.
I remember when we had our nature period this morning. That was a long hike and I'm a little scared because well I absolutely cannot do haunted houses. This is going to be a blast. I do hope jake gets to be in our group.
"Dylan what's wrong?!" Maggie asked as she cut me away from my thoughts.
"Oh sorry. Yeah I'm really excited!"
"Okay good."
And with that we finished up our meal and went back into the cabin to change into our horse riding stuff. We needed long pants and running shoes. I kept my 'I eat cupcakes for breakfast' shirt on and put in a pair of light wash skinny jeans and my black and white nike shoes. I then my hair up into a messy bun and added a plain black bandana around my head. And waited for the rest of the girls.
Once we got to the stables they gave me a horse named Marley and basically said to not let it eat anything and make sure it keeps up. We startled off on the trail and I was pretty good at this. Well actually Marley is just a really good horse. Actually riding a horse is kind of relaxing. I've never done it before but it just lets you think.
Speaking of thinking I've been at this camp for 2 weeks and I absolutely love it the people or nice and I enjoy not having my phone glued to my face. Although I bet everyone on tumblr probably think I've died by now.  Oh well. And let be honest jake is getting hotter by the minute! I can't even look at him without my stomach... Well you know do that thing it does when you like someone. He's just so sweet and soft and smells good and wears hoodies and oh my lord he's fine. I wonder what my friend Sophia would think about him. She would probably try to help then end up ruining it. No offense to her but the word ' help ' isn't really what she's good at.
"HEY I SAID NOT TO LET THE HOESES EAT DO I NEED TO MAKE EVERYBODY TURN AROUND!"
"Marley no." I said tugging on the rope things. I gave him a kick and made him speed up. "SORRY!" Of course not even 20 minutes in Marley has to stop to eat something. Silly horse.
After an 2 hours of stables. After the ride we washed them and we all went back to the cabin to eat dinner then the trail. I'm so exited. I put on a light blue tank top and white shorts. (Picture above) along with some black vans. I then left for dinner. Corn dogs. Yayyyyy (note sarcasm).
We actually ate a lot of them then went into the recreation room. I went up the steps and then to my surprise I tripped on the door thing at on the floor. Oh no I'm gonna fall and jakes gonna see me! Well I wish that was the case instead of falling on the ground I fell right into jake himself. :/