Chapter 9

I step out the of the shower and roll my hair up into a towel and dry off the rest of my body. I wrapped the towel around my body and made my way over to a small little tub sink. I shaved my legs and
"Ow shoot!" Of course me being me I cut myself while shaving. And of course it's a little cut near my knee cap but wow it's bleeding like a tsunami. I wipe it off with a towel and we'll push the towel down to make it stop bleeding.
"Yep definitely not using this towel again." I throw the bloody thing away and grab my clothes to get dressed. I put on black leggings and a long sleeved Ariel shirt that I think I got from Hot Topic.  I slid on flip flops and made my way back to the Cabin with Rory carrying all my shower stuff.
"I still can't believe you cut yourself that much." She said laughing.
"It wasn't my - we have to go." I told
Her as I started taking a short cut behind the younger girls cabins. I glanced over and see the magellan boys walking to the water station. Yeah I'm not about to encounter that.
"What's wrong." Rory stopped in her tracks to ask me.
"The hot blonde guys over there and I look gross."
"YOU MEAN JAKE! OMG YOU LIKE JAKE???"  She practically screamed "I HAD A THING WITH HIS FRIEND CHASE LAST YEAR DUDE HIM AND I ARE TIGHT AF I CAN TOTALLY HOOK YOU UP!"
"Yea just don't say-" before I could
Finish my sentence off went Rory towards the water station this is where I run to my cabin before matters get any worse off.
"How much time till dinner?" I yell/ask Morgan.
"About half an hour."
Cool I got time I brush my hair and twist/braid my hair so when it dries it will look nice and curly. I then start to apply my makeup. I noticed them no one wears any so I'm just gonna go light. I apply bb cream and concealer and set it with a powder. Next I put on 2 thick coats of mascara. Following that I apply some lip gloss and I'm done. As soon as I finish Rory comes rushing back into the room.
"Your talking to Jake tonight" she said with a serious tone.
"Wait but-"
"No buts your talking to Jake and I'm talking to chase. There will be a group of like 5 or 6 of us. Okay? Okay." I've never see Rory like this before.
I just smiled and nodded.
"Meet me at the picnic table in 5!" Morgan said while making her way out of the cabin and sitting at the picnic table.
I undid my braids to reveal my curly hair and then slid on my toms. And sat at the  picnic table. We walked down the path and straight into the dining hall sitting at the gibbons table. It's sorta just a routine now. We sat down and sang the song and dug into the chicken pattys.
  NO SLOP 4 meals in a row. Beat that oh! I walked over to the garbage can and threw a couple napkins away. I spun around in my heals but stops to see that jake was right there.
"Hey" he said.
"Hi" I felt myself blushing. Ugh why am  I so fricken awkward. He raised his arm around me I was a little confused then I realized I push up against a garbage can and that he needed to
throw something away. Whatever it was he must've already done it because he just stood there  with nothing in his hands now.
"We'll see you tonight." He said as he smiled at me. He stepped back.
"Okay." I said with a grin and I made my way back to my table.
I could feel his eyes on me. Wow we were so close. He also smelled amazing! Wow. Okay. I sat back down to see Rory and Maddie smiling at me. I'm guessing they both know what's up.
After dinner we immediately went to flag pole. Then about 15 minutes after that it was time for the carnival. I looked around searching for Rory. Of course I found her. Standing by chase, jake and some other dude.
"Hey Dylan." Rory said
"Ayyye." I replied
See I do much better in groups. We started a conversation about cats for some reason. Oh I also found out the other guys name was kaden.
Jake was so cool and so funny. Ugh it makes me upset I don't know why. But it does wow I just Omg I can't.
"Hey Dylan, me Chase and Kaden are gonna go find maddie you 2 Just stay here." Rory told me. I knew it. They are just trying to get us alone. They're not being smooth.
Soon it was just me and jake.
"Is this your first year?" He questioned.
"Yeah it's been really fun so far."
"Will you be back next year?" He turned around and stoped so we were standing face to face our body's about a foot away.
"Most likely." I said looking up at him.
Ugh he smelled so good he's so
Cute I can't do this anymore.
"Good." He said quietly." You have really pretty eyes Dylan."
Wow okay. I don't know what to do.
I'm shaking. That was amazing wow.
"Ugh I just want to hug you so bad right now." Wait did I just say that out loud.
Shiiiiittt.
"Ha what'd you say."
"Oh um nothing." Thank god he didn't hear me.
I see the rest of them coming back this way. With maddie. We had some more small conversations. Then out of no where.
"Wait are you chloe?" Jake questioned Maddie. This made me laugh I thought he knew her but I guess not.
"Yeah I can't believe you didn't recognize me!" She went along with it.
"Really!"
Well someone got excited. I mean I'm not Jealous of this Chloe girl or anything she's probably not even here.
"No I'm just kidding my names maddie."
"Oh sorry."
Soon enough the carnival was over and we were all back in our cabins.
They decided to turn the lights out but that night me and Rory decided to stay up and talk about Chase and Jake. Turns out she still really likes Chase. And we both agreed that's Maddie should date Kaden.