"Aww, you said love of your life," Sophie said, smiling at him.

He looked at her. "That's all you got from that?"

She shrugged. "I didn't care enough to get more."

He rolled his eyes before looking at Ashla. "We're bonded until death does us part," he stated over exaggeratedly. 

Ashla raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to be at work by now?"

"Aren't you supposed to be giving birth by now?"

"I'm not due for another. . . Actually, yeah. Shouldn't I be giving birth by now?"  She looked at Sophie with alarm.

"Honey, you're perfectly fine," Sophie said, rolling her eyes. "Being late is a thing."

"For humans! All you know is human stuff!" She started to hyperventilate. "I'm late! Oh my gosh, I'm late!"

"Okay, that's what you're supposed to say before you find out you're having the baby. Not after being pregnant with it in the know."

Ashla rolled her eyes. "I'm just. . . I can't. . . Ugh, I need Fitz." She rolled her eyes.

"Where s this so called husband of yours?" Sophie asked, frowning. 

"He's eating dinner with his family," she explained. 

"And you're here?" Sophie frowned. "Aren't you technically a Vacker now? You should be invited to the Vacker family meet ups." 

Ashla shrugged. "I was. Talking with you sounded more fun." Her eyes widened. "But maybe I should've gone with them."

"Why? Are we that boring?" Sophie grinned.

"Because I think I'm about to give birth. . . "

___

"Sophie, hi," Alden greeted. "What are you doing here?"

"Get Fitz. Quick," she ordered, pushing him aside to get inside the house.

When Alden got Fitz, she immediately slapped him on the arm. "You idiot!" Sophie scolded.

"What did I do?" He asked, holding his arms up in defense. His eyes widened. "Wait, where's Ashla? She said she was going to see you today instead of coming here."

"That's why I'm here. Here's a little tip: Don't have your overly pregnant wife go somewhere you're not so close to the due date when you're in separate places."  Sophie rolled her eyes and grabbed his arm. "Come on, Daddy, your wife is giving birth."

"Ashla's giving birth, like, right now? And you're yelling at me?" His eyes widened. 

"Yes. Now, let's hurry up. I know Elves don't feel pain while giving birth but she could still strangle me anyways for not bringing you here fast enough."

He nodded and turned to Alden, who was already engaged in a new conversation with Della. "I'm going to go," he told them. "I'll see you guys later tonight."

"Why?" Della asked, frowning.

"It's Ashla, she's giving birth right now. As her husband and father of the child I'm expected to show up," he said with a chuckle. 

Alden gasped. "Don't act all nonchalant! You act normal and try to get out of here as fast as you can!"

Fitz let out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank gosh. Sophie, let's go, let's go, let's go," he said, pulling on Sophie's arm so they could exit the gates quicker.

___

"Alright, they've been in there forever. Why won't they let anyone in?" Biana complained.

"They're probably being all mushy family like. It's their first of many kids," Sophie said, smiling. "I can't believe I'm a Godmother."

"Hey, if we wait long enough for the wedding, maybe she could be like a cute flower girl. Sophie says they're really popular in human weddings," Biana said in excitement, looking at Dex.

He shrugged. "Whatever you want, I guess," he said.

Biana grinned and kissed his cheek. Sophie cut in. "How long until we finally get to see little Callia?"

"Ashla said they hadn't gotten the final decision," Sophie said, frowning.

"Well-"

"Guys, only a few can come in right now," Fitz said, stepping out of the room. 

"Well, I think that you should let the girls go in at least," Alden said from his seat. "Your sister is impatient and your best friend really wants to know the name."

"Uh, no he doesn't," Keefe said, grinning. 

"I meant best friend girl," Alden said, rolling his eyes. "Really, being the grandparents has no meaning. Let the girls and their boys in," he instructed, sitting back in his seat which was next to Della. "We just call dibs on seeing the baby first for when Biana and Dex eventually get married and have children," he said.

Everyone rolled their eyes at him and the group of friends followed Fitz inside where Ashla was sitting and holding a baby girl in her arms. Sophie looked at her face. "She's so beautiful!"

Ashla nodded. "Yeah, she is." She looked up from the baby's face and met Fitz's eyes. "So, should we tell them the name?"

"We wanna know! Callia or Cambria?" Sophie grinned.

"Uh. . . We were lying about those names."

"What?" Sophie asked, eyes wide.

"Yeah. The name doesn't even start with C. The real names that we narrowed everything down to was Adela and Erela," Sophie asked, looking at Fitz.

"Where'd you get those names?" She asked, smiling.

"He didn't, I did," Ashla cut in. "I got it from that human name book you have. They didn't sound all human and I liked them. Adela means either one of humor or one of nobility. . . There was more than one meaning. Erela means Angel."

"Well, which one did you choose?"

Fitz grinned at his wife before looking back at at Sophie. "Well. . ."

chapter question; well, what? Pick a name, guys!

Adela (ah-dell-ah) or Erela (er-ell-uh)?

(tbh I don't even know if that's how they're pronounced but it's what we're all going with so whoops)

sorry guys I was looking at baby names with my sister for no reason at all since neither of us are pregnant and she said she liked these names and I was forced to put them instead of the names you guys chose. Might still use them for something else (secret project *wink wink*)