Chapter Nineteen: The First Kill

Start from the beginning

My head and heart were pounding and my sight was blurring. The monster was closing in more and more. I had to keep going! I was not dieing today! I ran towards the river, as my feet plunged into the freezing water I felt the hot pain in them numbing. I couldn't stay in the water through. This was its domain and if it caught me here I surely wouldn't live.

I heard the Rawhead roar again as I struggled against the water. I had to get back on the bank, I could go on a bit further now. My adrenalin was starting to fail me and exhaustion was creeping into my body.

"Please hurry!" I cried into the night air. I glanced over my shoulder and saw  the lumbering sillouet of the Rawhead maybe 20 yards behind me. "Please hurry!" Once again my foot caught and I fell. It knocked the breath from my lungs, dazing me for a moment. I heard the monster and struggled to my get to my feet, but my legs weren't stable beneath me and I kept falling.

The monster would be on me at any moment. I gripped my knife tightly and prepared to fight. I know I wouldn't be able to kill it be at least I might be able to hold it off and maybe just maybe that supposed "Gift" I had would help me out. Though I'm not really sure how. Closer and closer the monster came, I pulled myself to my feet and used a tree as support. It stopped 10 feet from me and growled. I shivered from the river water and readied myself for the worst.

I felt a feeling in my stomach, maybe it was wishful thinking but I swear that I could feel Sam and Dean near by. It started forward and I let out a scream at the top of my lungs hoping someone would at least hear it.

"SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I heard it echo in the woods around me. The monster lunged and the hardest struggle of my life began. It was like twice my size but still I fought like hell. My knife slashed and it clawed. Blood sprayed on the ground around us. My heartbeat thundered in my ears. I couldn't see from all the blood flowing from a gash on my forehead. I heard very faintly something crashing through the foliage.

My name, I heard someone yelling my name, but still I kept fighting and was losing. Then a wave of something I couldn't describe washed over me, and it was strangly familiar. I felt the rawhead grow rigid and then it slumped on top of me. My knife sinking deeper into its chest. I was crying Sam and Dean's names over and over again. Shock had me numb and in a state of hysteria. I felt it being lifted up off of me and voices. Familiar voices, and water, was that the river? Faintly I heard the sound of ripping cloth, then felt myself being lifted up. Voices, still the voices, fading in and out. Were they saying my name?

"Rachel?! RACHEL?!" One was really close to me, like right by my face. Was that Dean? I felt something cool and wet on my burning face. I weakly opened my eyes. His face, I saw his face, slowly my eyes began to focus and I saw that it was in fact my dad.

"Is it dead?" I asked quietly, because of my pounding head. Dean nodded."Yeah kid, ya' got it."

"I got it?" I asked shocked. I sat up slowly and looked around, taking in my surroundings. We were on the river bank, the sun was rising above the horizon. My clothes were ripped to shreds and stained with blood and my body hurt like hell.

"Yeah, it was all but fried when we came running out," said Sam. I looked stunned at the two men before me.

"How?" I asked bewildered," I don't have my taser... Just my knife....." I said motioning to the bloody knife clutched in my hand. Sam and Dean looked at each other then at me. I looked over at the corpse of the monster laying partially in the river. I noticed that the area where my knife had been plunged in its chest was black and burned. Like it had been hit with lightning. None of us had said anything, maybe it was because we were afraid of what I might have done or maybe it was just the fact we didn't know what to say.