Chapter 4

Christmas Day 🎄, Sunday Morning

India POV

"Merry Christmas baby!" My mother said waking me up.

"Merry Christmas mama." I said back.

My mother and I went to go an open our Christmas presents and I got an ass load of clothes and a new charger because my old charger is bout through.

"Thank you so much Mom." I said giving her a hug.

"You're welcome baby." She said hugging back. "And thank you for my new pair of boot."

"You welcome." I giggled.

"I can wear these tonight on my date." She said getting up and putting her boots in her room.

"Date?" I asked.

"Yes, Joyce and I are going on double dates with these two men we met at the club." She said.

"You going on a date on Christmas." I said looking at her like she was crazy.

"Yes. Now go get ready for Church, Chris and Joyce are riding with us to Church today." She said going to her bathroom to take a shower.

I go to my room to check my phone and Chris texted me.

Chris☺️: Merry Christmas India. Ive only known you for three days and it is like Ive known you forever. I will see you in a little bit for Church

Me: Merry Christmas Chris. See you in a few

I knew this man was gone be playing with my emotions.

*********

Me and My mother are finished getting ready.

"Text Chris to see if they are bout ready." My mother said.

"K." I said texting Chris.

Me: My mom said are yall about ready

Chris☺️: Yeah

"He said yeah." I said to my mother.

"Well tell him I said come on because we bout to leave." My mom said grabbing her phone and keys.

Me: Well start heading out because me and mama about to leave

Chris☺️: Yes ma'am

I walk outside and mom is already in the car. I went to go get in the back seat so Joyce can sit in the passenger seat. Seconds later Chris and Joyce can out the house and started to head to our car. Chris all dressed up and shit.

"Merry Christmas and thank you for letting us ride to Church with yall." Joyce said getting in the car.

"Merry Christmas to you too girl and no problem." My mom said pulling out.

*****

We pull up in the church and I cant get out my head how good Chris looks right now. We all got out the car.

"Damn this is a big ass Church." Chris whispered to me.

"Stop cussing on Church ground." I whispered back to him.

We walked inside and went to our regular seats. 5th rows from the front on the right side.

****

"Do we have any visitors?" The pastor asked

I looked at Chris and he started shaking his head. So I stood up and introduced them.

"Yes, my friend Chris and his mother Joyce came and joined us for Church this morning." I said pointing to them.

"We are glad that you joined us this morning." The pastor smiled.

"Chris is also a very talent singer." I said. Chris started shaking his head.

"Well we would love for you to bless us with a song, wouldnt we Church?" The pastor said.

"Amen." The rest of the Church said.

Chris gave me a look and got up and went to go grab the microphone. He was nervous at first because he kinda just stood there.

"Take your time." A lady yelled.

Chris took a deep breath and started singing.

🎶

Hang all the mistletoe
I'm gonna get to know you better
This Christmas
And as we trim the tree
How much fun it's gonna be together
This Christmas

The fireside is blazing bright (whoa)
We're caroling through the night (whoa)
And this Christmas will be
A very special Christmas for me (whoa)

Ha
Let's go
Woo

Presents and cards are here
My world is filled with cheer and you
This Christmas
And as I look around
Your eyes outshine the town, they do
This Christmas

The fireside is blazing bright
We're caroling through the night
And this Christmas will be
A very special Christmas for me
yeah, whoaaaaa
Shake a hand, shake a hand now
Whoaaaaa

Oooooo, the fireside is blazing bright
We're caroling through the night, yeah
And this Christmas will be
So special to you and me
Yes it will indeed, whoaaaa
Shake a hand yall
C'mon everybody shake a hand yall
Family, Hey!
We'll be together to make this Christmas right
Yes we will

🎶

Chris POV

A nigga was nervous as shit man. I hated the fact that India said something about my singing because my mother hates me singing because my father was a musician and he lefted us. She should know that I am never gone be like that bastard.

The church filled the room with clapping as I went to go sit back down in my seat.

"Boy boy boy, you have a gift young man." The pastor said. I just started smiling back.

****

After church so many people stopped me to tell me I have a beautiful voice and shit like that. Mostly older women.

As soon as I got into the car my mama went in on me.

"Boy didnt I tell you about that singing mess." She fussed.

"Ma god gave me this voice for a reason, and that reason is to use it." I said back.

"I dont want you to singing no more and I mean it." I said turnig around and crossing her arms.

India and Candace just sat there in complete silence.

*****

When we got back to Indias house and I got out the car India came up behind me.

"Im sorry." She whispered.

"Dont worry about it ma." I smirked.

"If it makes you feel any better I think you done an amazing job." She said.

"Appreciate it baby." I chuckled. That made a nigga feel a little better.

India POV

This nigga just called me baby. Why is he fucking with me? Like I think Im starting to really this nigga, and he just got here.

Get your shit together India