Chapter 7

It had gotten late so I walked back to the cottage by myself to wake up Renesmee. I had got her breakfast and clothes and we were on our way back to the garage. I sent her off to school and I was on my way to the big house. I opened the front door and Jacob was there to great me. "Good morning Bella." He said picking me up. "Jake what are you-" I tried to spit out as he passed me over to Jasper. Jasper then, while in his arms, handed me to Carlisle. "Carlisle you'll listen to me right?" I asked. "Sure. What is it?" He wondered. "Why am I being passed around like I'm in an assembly line?" I asked frustrated. "Nope, can't answer that one." He said and handed me to Emmett. He turned to face Edward with me in his arms. "I believe this belongs to you." He said. "Thank you," Edward said taking me out of Emmett's arms. Edward kissed me on the lips for a good two minutes. When he paused between another kiss I said," I like it when the assembly line ends here. That kind is my favorite!" I kissed him again. I could hear people laughing behind me. "Happy 34th birthday Bella." Edward told me. "I stopped aging 16 years ago." I said very matter-of-factly. "We do it to everyone." He said. "Do you pass them around the room and then you kiss them for 5 minutes?" I asked. I heard Emmett chuckle behind me. "No, that's just you. But we do celebrate." He informed me. "No presents!" I said kinda harshly. "Nope," he said. "Well there is just this one." He told me as he dipped me and kissed me on the lips. He spun me around and then slang me over his shoulder like a sack. "Hey!" I called upside down. Emmett came and grabbed my feet and they marched around the room.
    Then Edward flopped down on the white love seat and Emmett sat me down on his lap. Everyone gathered around us. "I know you're going to hate us but we did get you one gift. It's from all of us. Just one!" Alice exclaimed. I moaned a loud noise for everyone to hear. I heard Esme chuckle in the back. "Edward, would you like to tell her what her gift is?" She asked. "Yes. Tonight my parents are keeping Renesmee. They will make sure she gets to school, from school, food, sleep, and anything else she needs. That also means we will have to whole house to ourselves. One of them will come and get us Saturday afternoon to get us to stop." He told me. I felt my face put on a shock expression. "Happy birthday! By the way the present doesn't cover to cost to repair anything that you guys break." Emmett said. Carlisle elbowed him and Esme scolded him.

    Alice led the way to the cottage followed by everyone else except Rose. We walked up to the front door and Carlisle ran in front and held open the door for everyone. I thanked him as I walked inside. Inside the house was lit by candles. There was a lavender smell lingering through the house. The stereo was playing Debussy. The song that Edward was listening to when I first went to his house. I turned around to face my family with a scolding look. "Oh, this isn't even the best part." Alice said leading the way into the bedroom. She opened the door and in place of the tiny queen size bed was a big king sized four poster bed like the one we broke down at Isle Esme. In the bathroom I could here the bathtub running steaming up the room. "We'll let you to be. See you Saturday. Happy birthday Bella!" Carlisle said ushering his family out of the room. Once they were out of the room Emmett peaked his head in. "Try not to break this bed. And happy birthday." He said vanishing around the corner.

I lost count of the days. His skin, the same temperature as mine, pressed up against me. His smooth bare chest. His cold lips. It was all so perfect. I didn't want it to be over. I had no choice thought.

'Ding' the doorbell rang. I sat up in the mess of what used to be a bed. It looked a lot worse than what happened on our honeymoon. We had broken the end tables, completely mangled the bed, destroyed some pillows, and had a great time doing it. "I got it." Edward said standing up and wrapping himself up in the sheet. Edward came running back into the room just a second later. "Get dressed" he said coldly. "What's the matter?" I asked. "I don't know. But Alice sees something coming. We need to get back to the house." He told me getting dressed. I rushed out of the room and into the closet. I got dressed and met them at the door. I stopped in my tracks. It felt as if someone had knocked the wind out of me. My hand flee to my throat. The dry aching of thirst. Human blood lingered through the air.
   "Bella. Are you okay?" Emmett asked. "It's okay Bella. Reign it in." Edward said. I started running into the woods. Before I knew it Edward and Emmett were at my side. Emmett put his hand on my shoulder to hold me back. "I'll go check it out. Emmett take Bella back to house. Bella, listen to me. You're okay." He said trying to calm me down. I was shaking. Emmett scooped me up in his arms and clutched me to his chest. Edward ran off into the forest. Emmett walked me back to the house. "Are you okay Bella? You need to hunt once the blood is gone." He said. I couldn't focus enough to respond. We walked up to the house in silence. He opened the door and walked up to the main floor. Everyone was in the living room. Carlisle was pacing back and forth. Something was defiantly wrong.