Chapter 2

"Good. Now try playing this. You will repeat this part in the song a few times." Edward said moving my hand to the correct place on the piano. He had been teaching me the piano for quite some time now but today, today he is teaching me my song. Bella's Lullaby. I tried the measure again. This time I understood what I was doing and I continued. I was 1/4 through the song now. Half way. I was doing it. Now people were crowding in the door way watching me play as Edward sat beside me astonished. There was a little thud and a chuckle coming from my family who now stood there watching me. "Dude, watch where your going." I head Emmett say playfully. Someone shushed Emmett from the doorway.

I cringed at the noise I just made. Oops. Another mistake. From then on I just kept playing the wrong note. "Way to go Emmett. You messed her up." Jasper said back just as playfully as Emmett did. I stopped playing and the room was filled with applause. I stood up embarrassed at what I did. Esme ran over and gave me a big hug. "Oh Bella, that was beautiful!" She said trying to make me feel better. I stood up and walked around the big piano trying to escape the rom but they were not going to let that happen. "Your really becoming an amazing pianist." Carlisle told me. "Almost as good as Edward." I laughed quietly under my breath.

"Emmett, I am leaving to go wake up Renesmee, if you're not ready by the time I get back here. Well, God help you." I warned him. "Don't worry I got this little sis." He called from the couch. "I'll be right back!" I called walking out the back door. I ran through the forest hoping to get there before she wakes up. "Renesmee! Happy Birthday Sweetie! You're 16!" I said shaking her awake. "Huh. Oh yeah! It's my birthday." She said rubbing the sleep from her eyes.
   I handed Renesmee her clothes and let her be. "Come on we're going to be late." I told her. We ran out of the cottage and to the big house. "Ok. Today Uncle Emmett is taking you out. Doesn't that sound like fun!" I told her. "Sweet! Big Emmett is the best!" She replied. We walked inside and up the stairs into the kitchen. "Happy Birthday!" Jacob cried. I was in shock. Where did everyone go? "Jacob. Can I speak to you for a moment. Alone?" I said. "Yes." He said understanding what I meant. "Why don't you go look at the decoration Renesmee." I told her.
   "Where is everyone? They are suppose to be here. They were when I left." I said quite upset. "You see. Jasper was fulling around with Emmett and clearly Emmett didn't think it was funny so... Uh..." He said. "Oh God, what happened?" I said very worried. "Emmett attacked Jasper."
"Is Jasper okay?"
"Carlisle is treating him in the forest right now."
"Where is Emmett?" I asked.
"After Carlisle, Edward, and Blondie stopped him he ran off into the forest ragging with anger and hatred towards himself. Edward and Blondie have been looking for him. I was instructed to stay here." He told me.
"Watch Renesmee. I need to leave." I said coldly at him.
"Bella no. You can't—"
"I have too." I said slamming the door behind me.

    I ran through the forest following the sounds of crying pain. "Esme!" I called out. "Bella you shouldn't be here." She said. "I'm not here to stay. I'm here to help Emmett. Where is he?" I asked. "I don't know. Edward and Rose have been chasing him around the forest for the past twenty minutes." "When did this happen?" I asked. "Just after you left. Emmett chased Jasper out here and lunged on top of him. He will heal quickly but he is in a lot of pain right now. Alice has been by his side the whole time. 6 broken ribs, shoulder cracked, both wrist broken, and one elbow fractured too." She told me. "Ok. Tell him I hope he heals soon. I am going to go find Emmett." I told her running off into the forest.

I could hear the sound of huffing through the trees. I turned in that direction and kept running. "Emmett get back here!" I called out. "No one is angry at you. But if you keep running people will be. For example Renesmee. Do you really want this for her?" I asked him. He stopped running. He turned his head towards my direction. " I can't." He said angry. He took off running again. I ran as fast as I could with all my might and got ready to jump. I leaped across the forest and right in front of Emmett. He shoved me aside and kept running. I hit the hard, solid, dirt, ground with a crash. I heard the crack in my neck as the pain washed through my body. I knew instantly that my collar bone was broken. "Aahhh!" I screamed out in pain. I was now crying. Emmett looked back at me and froze. He walked towards me shaking with anger. "BELLA!" Edward cried out running to me. "Emmett, I'm okay. Please don't get upset with your self. Edward I'm fine. See." I said standing up trying to hold back tears.
      "Emmett. This morning, I told Renesmme that uncle Emmett was going to take her out today for her birthday. She said 'Awesome! I love Big Emmett!' You don't want to ruin her birthday. If you don't get back to the house soon, Jacob will have to tell her what happen. Do you really want that for her?" I asked. "No, I don't." He said. "Edward, I want you to go back home to Renesmee as fast as you can. Go!" I told him. "Emmett will you walk back with me?" I asked. He nodded. We walked through the forest in silence. I turned my head as pain spread through out my neck. My hand flew to my shoulder gripping it in pain. "Bella, I'm so sorry." He said punching the tree putting a huge dent in it. "Emmett please don't stress about it. Carlisle will fix me up in no time." I assured him. "Follow me." I said leading him away from Jasper. We walked up to the house and inside. "Big Emmett! Ready to go?" Renesmee asked running up to hug him. "Uh yeah. Bella I will see you later." 'I'm so sorry' he mouthed walking out the door.