Nineteen

"Are you serious?" Zelda asked; she couldn't believe what she'd just heard.

"Yes honey... we think that you should meet him over Christmas this year, we think it's time for you to stop going to the vacation home now. You must dread going there anyways."

"Don't honey me!" she yelled, ripping her arm out of her mother's hands. "I'm not going to marry a stranger! You can't force me to!"

"Zelda!" her father barked angrily. "What has gotten into you? You cannot speak to us like that."

"How am I supposed to react to something like this??"

"It is your place to respect our decisions for you."

"What kind of respect do you think I have left? You shower me with money instead of love, you leave me alone for Christmas six years in a row, and you're demanding that I marry someone for you? Marriage is important! It isn't something to do out of business or gain! It's about sacrifice, commitment! Love that will never end!" she yelled. "I don't care if you let your parents decide for you. I won't let that happen to me!" she said as she turned her back on them and ran up the stairs to her room. Slamming the door behind her, she slid down it.

As she held herself back from crying she pulled out her phone and started to text Link.

Link, I got into a fight with my parents. They told me it was time to stop going to the vacation home for Christmas, and that this year I was going to meet someone they want me to marry.

I'm not going to do that. I can't do that. I won't let my parents make me marry anyone, but they won't listen to me. I don't know what else to do. I'm coming to the vacation home anyways...

I'll see you there...

She sat back against the door and stared at the text. Was she really planning to run away from it all? How had it come to that? Another tear fell from her face and landed on her screen. As she wiped it away she accidently hit send.

She only had to wait a minute before Link sent his reply.

I'll be waiting for you.