Restless Nights (16)

You sat in your rocking chair, motionless besides the chair rocking back and forth. Tears fell silently down your cheeks as you (e/c) eyes was caught into a stare of oblivion. Newt sat on your bed, talking. Begging you to say something, to move, to kick your leg, bounce of, stretch, twitch your finger. He just wanted to see you move again. You said nothing and let the chair rock.

"Y/n Love, you can-t live like this forever." Newt says, you respond only in silence. After a minute he huffs a breath and tries again. "We'll find out in the morning if he's coming back or not. I think he is." Newt offers. You ignore his and let the breeze dance across your face. "He's going to come back. And come into your room, and see you all depressed and he's going to get mad. He'd want you to be happy no matter what happened to him." Newt tries and fails once more. "Please Y/n." He begs. You say nothing again. "Okay. Fine. I'll come and get you before the door opens. We'll see in the morning. Goodnight Love." Newt says, swooping down and kissing your forehead.

"Newt." You call out, before the door swings shut, he walks back into the room.

"Yes Love?"

"Could you stay here? I've got an extra room. I really don't want to be alone. Usually Minho's...." You stop and try to continue, you winced at saying his name.

"Sure thing Love. Goodnight." Newt calls out as you shut the window and climb into bed. He turns out the lights once your covered.

"Night Newt." You call back, and listen as he walks to the back room. You sigh. Your best friend was dead, and you couldn't save him. You couldn't even move. The Greenie died too. Alby and your Minho. A tear escaped, and then another. Tears soon became sobs, which caused Newt to walk in.

"Come here Love." He says, sitting on the bed beside you and offering his comfort with arms opened wide in front of him. You hug him and lay your head on how shoulder while you cry. "We'll see him in the morning." Newt promises.

"You go. Come back if Minho lived. If not, don't come back. I'm not coming to see my best friend's dead body, and bloody all over." You say, and leave Newt's arms and roll over. "Night Newt." You say again. He leaves once more, and you lay there. Having a restless night once more.