Back To Work (14)

It's been two weeks and six days since you got sick. The Greenie is due tomorrow. And you were back in the gardens on a Thursday. You were excited for tomorrow because you got to spend the day with your best friend. For now your eyes frequently flashed to the Maze doors from which he went into, he's bound to be back any minute now. Your stomach was queasy. What if he didn't come back?

You pushed that thought and stared at the Maze doors as you slammed the rake into the ground and pulled towards yourself.

"You know you're stabbing the carrots, right?" Newt asks. You look down at the carrot juice and guts all over. Newt laughs. "Keep your eyes down Y/n. He'll come back." Newt promises as he throws seeds into a whole.

"Hopefully."

"No, he will be." Newt says. "He promised you, didn't he?"

"Yeah." You say, continuing the raking and blushing madly. Newt's watch goes off with a beep.

"Alright everyone, time to go." He says, everyone goes to put their supplies up, and leaves to take their sacks of food to Frypan's kitchen. You and Newt had none because had planting duty. So you both put the rakes and shovels up, and the remaining foods in the small shack, locked it up, and started heading back.

"Newt it's almost time for the doors to close!" You panic.

"He'll come back." Newt says. You shake your head and watch as the walls start to close.

"No!" You yell, and start to run to the door, Newt follows and wraps his arms around you to stop you from going in. In the distance you see Minho running. "Run Minho!" You yell. The doors are halfway closing, your arms hold onto Newt's as he holds you back. Just in time, Minho crosses the doors and falls to the ground as do you, right by Minho's side. Newt's arms close once you fall to the ground on your knees by Minho.

"Were you stung?" You ask. Minho shakes how head no.

"The door cut my leg when it was closing." Minho says out of breath. You move down to Minho's leg and pull up the pant leg. You gasp as the deep gash reveals itself. "Is it bad?" He asks.

Newt crouches down next to you and grabs Minho's leg, twisting it back and forth. "No. Just a lot of blood." Newt says, and yanks the pant leg down. "Does it hurt?"

"Stings like a cut." Minho says. Sitting up.

"I thought you weren't coming back." You say. Minho turns his attention to you. You wrap your arms around his neck.

"Yeah. She wouldn't bloody shut up about you all day." Newt says as Minho's arms wrap around you.

"She never does." Minho chuckles. You smile.

"You're my best friend. Of course I won't shut up." You say.

"I thought you knew I was going to come back. I promised you." Minho says.

"Yeah I know."

"So stop being such a shank." Minho says, making you smile.