In The Morning (9)

Merry Christmas guys!

You woke up before Minho. Your eyes are sensitive to the new sun. You stand up and walk over to the top of the jail. You lift your hands up and grab a hold of the bars, lifting yourself from the ground. You can't see much from the dome without climbing all the way up, and you didn't really feel like doing just that, so you looked around as much as you could. The sunlight, bright and new, showed that it must be six a.m. You saw no one coming, but you figured they'd come.

"Y/n?" Minho asks, groggily.

"Yeah. Are they going to get us any time soon?"  You ask, still looking around. You climbed up higher.

Minho laughs. "Yeah. They'll come. For me. I am important." He says, standing up and stretching. "They probably think you've killed me. Alby thinks you're crazy." He says.

"Haha. I see them working. I don't see any- whoa!" Your feet slip,which makes your hands too. You fall onto the hard ground, and unto the picture of Minho you had drawn last night.

Minho laughs again and offers his hand. You tug up as he does. His eyes glued on the picture as you're standing up. He kneels down and places a finger on the picture, tracing it himself. "You did this?" He asks astonished.

"Yeah. I got bored last night. So for a while, I decided, why not?" You shrug, pink taking over your cheeks.

"This amazing Y/n. Wow." He says. "You should ask for art supplies."

"I don't think I'm going to see Alby any time soon." You say. Minho nods in a agreement.

"Yeah. Probably not. Don't be upset with him. He just overreacts a lot. Hey, I'm going to get the keys. Or try at least." Minho says, standing up and jumping, latching his hands onto the bar. He looks over and at once, reached his hand out, fitting it perfectly. He grabs the keys at once and unlocks the door semi easily. You watch as he opens the door, climbs out, and closes it. "Sorry shank. I'll go talk to Alby about getting you out, see you after the run." He says, and runs off. You sit down against the wall.

You eventually fell asleep. Why not? Clearly, Alby was scared of what you knew. The sunlight soon became darker, showing it was around one or two. You had guessed they'd forgotten about you, including Newt. Or maybe Alby hadn't told them? Told them about the two words, how dare you know two things. Or at least them sounding familiar. Trial, and W.I.C.K.E.D. What a sin.

You opened your eyes and looked up slowly as if they were delicate to the sunlight. You sigh and place a hand on your stomach. It was eating you alive. You were so hungry. You decided to call for Alby. Or someone. Anything. You stood up and yelled as loud as your thick throat would allow.

"Alby!" You shouted as loud as you could. "Newt! Alby! Someone get over here and let me out!" You screech. At once, Newt comes running.

"Y/n? What are you doing in there? We all thought you were sleeping in." He says, kneeling down in front of the cage.

"Yeah? Well, guess not. Hey, get Alby. I want out." You say, placing your warm hands on the cold bar.

"Okay. But why are you in there?" He asks.

"Because I knew some stuff that meant nothing to me, but something he overreacted about." You say. "Now go get Alby!" You say waving him away.

"Alright, alright. But you have to tell me what you did once I come back." He says. You nod, knowing he can't see. He runs off to get Alby, coming back moments after with him. Newt kneels down in front as does Alby.

"You sure you can't remember?" Alby asks. You shake your head.

"Those words mean nothing to me, last name's got nothing for me. So it's useless. Can I get out now?" You ask, removing your hands from the stick jail cell bars.

Alby doesn't say anything as he opens the door. Newt reaches down first and grabs you by the arms, helping you out. Alby was already leaving by the time you got out. "Why'd he bugging throw you in there?" Newt asks.

"He overreacted." You say as you both make your way towards the Garden. You kick the rocks and sticks away as you go.

"Overreacted about what?" He asks, looking at you as he bites his lip. You shrug.

"Things I remembered. Stupid really. I was so thrown off. I only remembered my last name, and Trial, and Wicked." You say looking at him. Newt nods.

"Strange. Hey, what was that back there in the jail cell? On the ground in the dirt?" He asks, he grins as you remember the drawing of Minho.

"Oh shut up Newt." You groan.

"Got bored last night?" He asks. You slap his shoulder.

"Yeah! I did! And I drew someone that had easy features! Judge much?" You say frustrated.

"And how long did it take you to study his features? All night?" He asks. "Did it while he was sleeping in his hammock, probably thinking about you as you did him." Newt says teasingly. You smack him over and over.

"No! He stayed with me as company!" You say. Newt laughs. And you groan again. "I didn't mean that." You say.

"Yes you did. You love him." Newt says, stopping as you do. Your face red.

"No I don't. He's my friend." You say angrily. But you held back a smile. No you didn't like Minho like that, Newt was just really funny.

"Okay. I believe you." He says, and starts walking again in silence. It's silent for a few minutes, the hot sun beaming down on your neck and his when he leans over and whispers, "Don't worry, I won't tell him you friend zoned him." He chuckles, and then as you process this, you slap him again.