The New Greenie (15)

The Greenie was here for a day. And he annoyed you. You sat by the Maze doors, waiting for Minho to come back. The Greenie's eyes always facing the doors. You slept beside it. Minho had told you to stay here. So you listened.

Alby had gone with Minho to see a dead Griever. You didn't know why it was so important to see a dead creature.

You sighed and opened your eyes. Looking up, it was almost six. The sun set was beautiful. Sun set... sun set? It's sun set! Your eyes fly open and you peek into the Maze. "Minho!" You yell, the creaking of the walls disturb you. They're closing soon. "Minho!" You yell again, all the Gladers come around and look in too. Newt runs by your side and places a hand on your arm.

"There!" Chuck yells. Pointing to Minho, dragging an unconscious Alby, and screaming in frustration and desperation. The walls begin to close.

The Glade fills with "Leave Him Minho!" And "Come on Minho! Hurry!" Or, "Come on shuck face! You can do it!" You broke down, tears already coming down. Minho wasn't going to make it. Minho was going to die. And you were going to watch.

You feel your legs give up as you feel another force, Newt tries grabbing the Greenie before he can go into the Maze, but goes for you instead, allowing the Greenie to enter the maze before the doors close. Your body hits the ground, hard. Everything goes black. For you, and for Minho. Who is on his knees, only thinking about how to get back to the Glade. How to get back to you.