"I think those two are meant for each other. I think that they will heal each other in the process."

"Yeah."

After that, Landon didn't say much else. He definitely needed Lauren there. And right now, her hand in his was exactly what he needed. He was scared. He was scared that Bryan wouldn't make it back. It scared him that something would happen to him. The thing was that Bryan always wore a gold necklace with a crucifix on it that Liam had once given him. He wore it all the time, ever since the accident.

One day, Landon and Bryan had been talking and out of nowhere Bryan said, "If they tell you I'm dead and they only give you my dog tags, that means I'm not dead. And they're probably looking for me or I'm stranded somewhere or they want you to believe I'm dead so you won't look for me. If they give you my necklace along with my tags, then I'm actually dead."

Landon had been surprised by what he had told him, but Bryan was ridiculously serious that Landon believed every word. He was going to look out for that too. Because if they came one day with only the dog tags then he was still out there and he would go look for him. But hopefully that day would never ever come.

They all climbed into the SUV and Landon sat next to Lauren. She was worried about him. The way he was lost in thought gave her the affirmation that he was thinking about Bryan. "Are you thinking about Bryan?" she asked him but she didn't have to ask. She already knew the answer.

Just as she had expected, Landon nodded his head. "I was just thinking about one of the conversations Uncle Bryan and I had a few years ago."

"Good one or bad one?"

"I would say kind of both. It was about him dying and about his dog tags."

"Oh." She looked at him. And sensing that Lauren was looking at him, Landon turned his head to face the direction in which he had heard Lauren speak a few moments before.

Lauren cupped his face in her hands and said, "Everything will be fine, Landon. Don't worry."

Landon nodded slightly, making his best effort to hide the tears that were threatning to rol down his cheeks.

A few minutes later, Laura had stopped in front of her house. When Lauren hopped out, she walked up and went inside Laura's house. She was still staying with the Valentines. Emileigh however, turned back to go back to the house.

~~~~~~~

A knock was heard at the door. It wasn't like the normal knocks who were pretty calm. This knock was fast and more desperate. Laura went to open the door. Once the door was opened, Cindy came screaming in, "Where is she?! Where is Lauren?!"

Laura didn't know what to do. "Cindy, please calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!! I'm going to call the police on you on a case of kidnapping."

"Hold on a minute. I didn't kidnap anybody. If there was a problem it was because you caused it."

Cindy turned to Laura. "You fucking bitch." She lifted a hand to slap her but was stopped by Lauren's voice.

"Don't you dare slap her! Do you understand me?!"

Lauren stood in front of Laura. Lauren was about to call Lance for back up, but she remembered that he was working. As if reading her mind as to who she was going to call next, Landon came down the stairs.

Lauren watched as Landon walked towards her and his mother. As soon as he knew that everything was okay, he turned to Cindy. "What are you doing here? Don't come in here insulting my mother. Bevause she has done nothing to you but tell you the truth. The truth hurts, doesn't it?"