➳Chapter 3

I woke up in a room I've never been in before. This room was almost the size of my apartment I shared with Kayla.

I sat up looking around- I was sitting in a king sized bed, with night stands on both sides of it. Black curtains were drawn over the window, blocking any light from coming in.

A familiar smell seem to be surrounding me in this room. It smelled of expensive men's cologne, that you can only get from other countries.

A door opened to my right revealing a small frail lady carrying a full laundry basket.

"Oh I didn't know you would already be awake miss I'm sorry," she stumbled trying to get back out of the room.

"No no no it's perfectly fine," I say getting up, "Can you tell me where I am though?"

The lady looked at me confused almost as if I were crazy.

"You're in Mr. Locke's pent house love," she replied slowly walking back into the room and setting the basket down.

I nodded slowly remembering what had happened and realization finally kicked in.

"Where is Mr. Locke?" I asked the lady suddenly in a rush.

"Downstairs talking to Katrina miss," she said.

"Thank you!" I yell over my shoulder as I take off out the door and down the stairs.

"I don't want to go live with her," I heard a small familiar voice.

"You have to I can't watch you and I'm pretty sure Grace doesn't want to," I heard Mr. Locke's deep voice.

"Katie?" I softly say as I reach the bottom of the stair case.

"Gracie!" Katie hopped off her spot on the couch next to Mr. Locke and ran towards me. When she reached me I bent down opening my arms and giving her a big bear hug.

"How has my girl been?" I ask giving her a big smile.

"I missed you," she smiled slightly.

"I told you I would come back," I tapped her nose.

She giggles brushing a few fallen strands of hair out of her face.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mr. Locke get up from his place on the couch.

"Nice to see that you're finally up," he said as he walked up behind Katie.

"Yeah..." I trailed off not knowing what else to say.

"Uncle Kyle said that you got the job," Katie smiles a little bigger.

"I guess I did," I glance up at Mr. Locke, "Do you mind if me and Uncle Kyle have a grown up talk for a minute?"

Katie shook her head before running out of the room.

I stood up dusting off imaginary dirt from my dress.

"I'm assuming you slept well?" he asked.

"Yes I did...thank you," I said.

"Of course," he seemed a little more relaxed now that we weren't in the office.

"So you told her I took the job..."

"Yes hoping that when I said I'd pay you five thousand a month for the expense of both things," he said.

I thought about it for a minute. I didn't really need the money to get by, though it would be a nice addition. What I really needed was to get my mum off my back for a while.

"Let's just make a situation for a second," I suggested.

He nodded slowly, his eyebrows puckering.