nineteen.

OK CAN I JUST SAY  WOW. 2.2K FAVS AND 36K READS AND #542 IN FANFICTION????? UMMMM??? I HONESTLY DIDNT THINK I WOULD GET THIS FAR AND  THIS WAS ONLY POSTED 2 MONTHS AGO. IM JUST SO AMAZED U GUYS ENJOY READING THIS. I LOVE U ALL SO MUCH U ARE ALL TOO GOOD FOR THIS PLANET.

"Tsk, tsk, oh, Bella, I thought I told you not to bring anyone?"

Astrid felt her heart rate speed up and the squeaking of Bella's sneakers as she ran towards the double doors, using James' distraction to full use, though, from Astrid peeking her head inside the room, she saw James fling Bella into a wall, the mirror shattering above her easily. 

"Beautiful!" James exclaimed, the video camera in his hands recording everything he did to the small girl, "Very visually dynamic! I chose my stage well." He laughed.

Astrid's hands grew clammy as she thought over her options, 1.) she could run, 2.) she could go in there and help Bella, knowing very well that their was a possibility she could die.

Running wasn't something that Astrid had the guts to do - she couldn't just abandon Bella with some psychopathic vampire. And the snapping of Bella's shin under James' foot made her make her decision very quickly.

With a shaky breath, she stepped into the mirrored room. She could feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins, her fingers shaking and her mind racing. "Hey." She spoke, stepping into the light. 

James spun around, his words he spoke to Bella in mockery ceasing, "Leave her alone." Astrid said forcefully, her feet bringing her closer to the vampire.

James let out a sinister laugh, "This was who you brought, Bella? The witch?" 

His red eyes stared at her body hungrily, his nose breathing in sharply as if he could already taste her, "Tell me witch, what are you going to do to me? Hex me?" He mocked once more, his eyes gleaming as he found humour in this.

"You should be scared." She mumbled, her voice quivering ever slightly.

"Should I?" He laughed again, "I think it's the other way around, witch." He said, a smirk growing on his face before his feet ran towards Astrid. 

Though, before she could be knocked to the ground by his strong arms, her hands flew out in front of her as in a way to protect her body from the impact. The shattering of more glass made her eyes fly open, James on the ground, broken shards of glass surrounding him as a snarl was on his face. 

Astrid grinned as she stared at her hands, "Woah," She whispered.

And it was almost as if a light bulb turned on above her head as she watched James stand up, anger radiating from his being. Her finger pointed to the shards glass that lay on the hardwood floors, and she concentrated with every fiber in her being, and the glass did exactly what she wanted. Slowly, they all slowly levitated from where they lied and flew at James, each stabbing him in his back. 

His eyes narrowed at the young girl, his annoyance raising with each thing she threw at him, actually thinking she was inducing harm on him. 

"I was hoping you would make this easy," He muttered, his gaze finally locking with Bella's. "I'd hate to have to make two of those little vampires suffer." At this point he finally looked back at Astrid, "What's his name again..? Ah! Jasper, is it?"

Astrid felt her insides bubble in anger, "Don't talk about him." 

James cocked his head to the side, "Ooh, hit a nerve didn't I?" He mocked. In a blink of an eye he was in front of Astrid, his fingers playing with a loose strand of her brown hair, "It'd be a shame if poor Jasper lost his pathetic little human as well." He murmured. He hesitated for a moment, "Sorry... Witch."

Those words seemed to be the fuel to the fire, her vision turning red as her glare on the vampire hardened. She forcefully pushed his hand off of her face, his laugh making her clench her teeth. Her anger was more intense, a fury she had never felt before and she was sure there was steam blowing out of her ears. 

And the whole building seemed to rumble as her anger intensified; though neither Astrid nor James paid any attention, but Bella sure as hell did. The glass mirrors shook in their frames, the polished floors cracking in spots as if an earthquake was passing through - although they rarely ever occur in Phoenix. 

"Um, Astrid?" Bella called out, wincing in pain as the rumbling building disturbed her broken leg. 

That's when it happened.

Every glass mirror broke, each shard flying either to James or the ground. And a large crack ran through the middle of the studio, James losing his footing and falling down in the crack. 

"Well done! You've succeeded in annoying me!" He muttered, his humorous expression leaving his face as he stood back up on the main flooring. He slowly made his way to Astrid, his black boots crunching under the shards of glass. And just as he was about to get in Astrid's face, probably to cause ineffable amounts of pain to her, he was cut short as he took in a large inhale through his nostrils.

Astrid watched as his crimson eyes grew darker, his head quickly turning to where Bella lied on the floor, several shards of glass lodged in her thighs and her forearm, crimson blood oozing out of the wounds. Astrid glanced to where James looked at Bella, her insides dropping at Bella's state. "Oh, my God." She whispered. 

James quickly ran to Bella in a flash, Astrid not even having time to register what he was doing before an ear piercing scream rang through the hallway and James' mouth was latched on to Bella's pale wrist, her blood running along the sides of James' mouth.

hiii heres an update 4 u : ) sorry it took a lil bit to post it, the holidays keep me busy and ive also been having to care for my older sister bc shes recently had something super scary happen to her and her friends christmas day and its just really terrifying. but, anyhow, i  hope u all liked it, i also  hope u had an amazing christmas if u celebrate it, and for those who celebrate kwanzaa happy kwanzaa!! tell me what you guys got for christmas btw!! i got a record player and a billie holiday, the who, lumineers, the civil wars, and florence + the machine vinyls so im a happy girl. 

have a happy new year too btw. im scavenging for a party to go to bc a girl just wants to drink until i cant stand and kiss some cute boys but what can u do when u only have 3 friends.