nine.

OMGGGGG I ALREADY HAVE 1.1K READS AND 128 FAVS U GUYS ARE SO SO SO LOVELY THANK YOU. ALSO PS I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE POSTED A NEW FIC (ITS EMMETT) AND SURPRISE! IT HAS A WOC AS THE MAIN CHARACTER. OMG AGAIN I LOVE U ALL THANK U.

Hot steam from the mug sitting in her hands fogged the window, the cool rain outside making it condensate quickly. The news on the TV sounded like a faint buzz as her thoughts spiraled around in her head, even making her dizzy. Astrid sighed before tuning into the news in the background as she kept her eyes on the window. The evergreen trees were vivid in the overcast and murky weather; almost as if they were warriors, taking every hit from the rain as it splattered on it's leaves.

"Another confirmed death just outside of Forks. Officials say the victim is a 28 year old male who was mauled by a bear just outside his fishing cabin. Let's all hope this will be the last of these string of deaths; and now onto Mark for the weather!"

Astrid rolled her eyes at the news; another death that was leading closer to the small town of Forks each day. Did the people honestly believe it was a bear? Or were they just lying to themselves? She didn't know, but she did know that people in this town were scared, regardless of it being a bear or some rampant serial killer.

She clicked the TV off, the picture on the screen shrinking into a white line before the TV shut off to it's normal black screen. A loud knock on the front door made Astrid run to the door, and as she opened it she was greeted with Jasper's worried expression. He walked past her quickly into her home, "You weren't in class today." Astrid closed the door before turning around to face him, his eyes raising to meet hers. "Nice to see you too, Jazz. And no. I wasn't."

"Why?"

"Personal problems is all." She mumbled as she walked to the granite counter, "Tea?" she asked as she held up the tin tea kettle sitting on the stove. He shook his head as he neared closer to her, "What happened, Astrid?"

She frowned for a moment as she stared down at the kettle before smiling at him, "It's nothing."

He seemed as if he wasn't convinced - and Astrid was sure he wasn't. She was always a terrible liar. She thought back on what happened earlier; she really needed to get this off her chest and it's not like she could call one of her friends back home and tell them. They would tell her America was making her insane.

She weighed on her options as Jasper watched her intently as he leaned over the countertop of the island. He could see she was having an internal battle and he tried with all his might to send her an emotion of calmness and he could tell it worked as her exterior fell back onto the counter.

Astrid bit her lip, she could trust Jasper... Right? She sighed, now or never.

She neared closer to Jasper, "I need to show you something, okay?" He sat up striaghter at her words. She walked around the island before grabbing his cold hand, the temperature sending shivers up her spine and lead him up the wood stairs to her room.

Jasper was confused on why she was taking him to her room - what was she exactly planning on showing him?

She sighed as they stepped on the floor of her room. "You can sit down if you want." she mumbled as she walked towards a small box sitting on the floor. He didn't. "Or not."

She had found what she had wanted; a piggy bank that was crammed with loose change. Astrid turned to look at Jasper, "I'm not exactly sure what is happening and why it's happening but, just don't freak out okay?"

She watched as he clenched his jaw before stiffly nodding. She let out a breath as she sat the piggy bank down on the floor. She sat down in a criss cross manner in front of it and patted the floor next to her and Jasper followed suite. He did it quickly and gracefully making Astrid's head spin, yet she turned to him to speak, "I trust you fully and wholeheartedly, Jasper. I really want you to know that. That I trust you. You're the only person in this world I can trust with something like this, even if I hardly know what it is."

She watched as his hard gaze softened, his liquid topaz eyes turning a lighter shade. Shr bit her lip as she anticipated what he would say, "And I trust you, Astrid. I am completely honored to be in your circle of trust and I can tell you now that I will never, ever break it."

Astrid sensed that Jasper was telling the truth and nothing less than the truth and she couldn't help but grin. Her arms wrapped around his neck as she pulled him into a hug, and despite the shock of the contact, Jasper sat his cold fingers on her hips. She felt tingles at the contact, yet she ignored it. "Thank you." She murmured before turning to the piggy bank.

"Okay," she sighed and with that she focused her stare on the bank - just as she did earlier. Her gaze was hard as she heard her heart thump in her ears, and she squinted exactly how she did towards the mirror. Her gaze held the same intensity and she watched as the bank began to shake softly before it did exactly what she was hoping it would do; it shattered into shards of uneven glass before her.

She turned to Jasper as he seemed unfazed by what she had just done before him. His gaze locked with hers, "I suppose there's something I have to show you as well, Astrid."

Idk how i really feel about this chapter. im tired