eighteen.

The group of four had managed to get to a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona, the blistering heat a huge leap from the constant downpour of rain Astrid was used to from Forks and London. The two girls weren't allowed to leave neither Jasper's nor Alice's sight; but it didn't seem to be a problem for Bella as she spent the majority of her time laying in the room she shared with Astrid crying. 

Bella had emerge from the bedroom, wearing clothes Alice had changed in her in when they arrived. Astrid bit into a sandwich, watching curiously at the two vampires as they sat on the couch, staring blankly at the TV set that was set on the local news station. Bella sighed and glances at her phone as she sat across from Astrid at the small table. "I wish he'd call."

"You should eat." Astrid mumbled, food still stuffed in her mouth. Bella rolled her eyes and ignored the food, "They could get hurt. It's not worth it." 

Jasper finally looked up at from the television, his eyes meeting Bella's, "Yes. It is." He stated insistently. Both Astrid and Bella looked taken aback as they glanced at each other - it was the first time Jasper had ever even spoken to her. 

"Edward's changed since he found you." he started, his gaze moving from Astrid and back to Bella, "And none of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you." Jasper 's gaze finally looked back at the TV once more, "It's worth it." 

Astrid sighed as she threw away the napkin she used while eating and made her way over to the couch, sitting next to Jasper. Alice smiled faintly, her golden irises locking with Astrid's green ones, "And I'd like to add that it's the same way for you two, as well."  She laughed, though it was cut short as her eyes turned emotionless, her body falling back on the couch. 

Jasper immediately stood up, "What do you see?"

"The tracker.. He's changed course." She whispered. 

Bella quickly scurried over to Alice as Jasper placed a pad of paper and a pen in front of Alice - her quickly picking up the pen. "Where will it take him, Alice?" Jasper asked, worry etched onto his features. 

Alice quickly moved her hand over the paper, sketching the tracker in a room. 

"Mirrors. It's a room of mirrors." She whispered.

Bella bit her lip as she examined the picture Alice had drawn, "So, the course James is on now will lead him to... a ballet studio?"

All eyes flickered up to her, Bella slightly cowering back at this, "What?"

"You've been here?" Astrid asked, her finger pointing to the notepad.

"No - I don't know. I used to take ballet lessons as a kid. The school had an arch like that." She stammered, her eyes motioning to the arch above the mirrors in the sketch. 

Jasper and Alice looked at each other for a brief moment before he looked towards Bella, "Was your school here in Phoenix?"

Bella scrunched her eyebrows together, "Yeah, it was around the corner from my house. But I haven't been there in ten years, though."

"Well, do you have any reason to go now?" Alice asked.

Bella shook her head furiously, "No. Hell no. I hated the place." Resulting in a snicker from Astrid.

Alice and Jasper shared a look as Astrid sat there confused, eyes still scanning over the sketch as Bella picked up her ringing phone - probably speaking to Edward. 

"Astrid," Jasper spoke. 

"Yeah?" She questioned, her eyes never leaving the paper. 

"We're leaving." 

This grabbed her attention, "Wha-- Now?"

"Yes, now." He murmured, grabbing her hand as he helped pull her up from the sofa. "Go pack your stuff, love."

    ♛ 

Alice had checked them out of the hotel and Astrid was the first to get in the car, her knees pushed up against the seat in front of her.  Bella had followed shortly after, sliding into the leather seats next to Astrid and her sudden mood change was quite evident. 

Astrid frowned as she turned to Bella - despite her disliking to the girl, she did feel for her - "Hey, are you okay?"

Bella gulped harshly and nodded, her eyes not meeting Astrid's, "Uh, yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit shaken up is all." She mumbled.

Astrid eyed the girl skeptically but didn't utter a word. 

And both girls were silent in their short ride to the airport - Bella consumed with her thoughts and Astrid filled to the brim with worry for the new found people in her life. 

The airport was filled with masses of people running around, some late rushing to catch their plane and others looking for family members. Jasper and Astrid walked hand in hand as Alice walked ahead of them, her eyes looking for a desk to get tickets. 

"Um, I'm gonna go to the restroom." Bella muttered to Jasper and Astrid, the two of them looking at Bella suspiciously, though Jasper nodded regardless. Bella hurriedly walked to the women's room closest to the entrance of the airport, disappearing in the crowd.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to go too. I won't be long." Astrid smiled, placing a light kiss to Jasper's cheek before scurrying off to find Bella.

 ♛

Astrid had managed to follow Bella without being caught, and she had led Astrid to a run-down ballet studio. Astrid quirked her eyebrow as she stood several feet from Bella, the girl already slowly walking inside the studio. 

'Where has she led me?' Astrid thought to herself, trying her hardest to step into the studio silently. 

Her eyes grazed along the walls where trophy cases and photographs from over the years mounted the walls. Astrid walked down the dimly lit hall where voices spoke, one she easily recogised as Bella's. 

"...Sorry, but you really made it easy." A sinister voice spoke, amusement evident in the man's voice.

"So, to make things more entertaining, I'm going to make a little film of our time together! Borrowed this from your house - hope you don't mind. And... Action!" He spoke again.

The voices grew louder as she neared closer, the sound of footsteps running towards where she was making Astrid stop in place, though the footsteps stopped instantly.

"It'll break Edward's little heart." The man stated, a laugh escaping his lips.

And that was when Astrid made the mistake of gasping, the face of the vampire James popping in her head. 

And her thoughts were confirmed when she heard him clicking his tongue, "Tsk, tsk, oh, Bella, I thought I told you not to bring anyone?" 

ehhhhhh idk about this. next chpter will get juicy i swear. oh btw im complete and utter narnia trash and im kinda thinking about making a fic about it and it possibly being a peter or edmund fic bc u know zaddy's amirite ladies. also ps. i just wanted to share with u all that in my draco fic someone decided to steal ideas and direct lines from my third chapter and put it in their fic. who does that?? i put my blood sweat and tears in that stuff and they just easily copy and paste it into their own fics. its rude and i just really wanna punch someone in the throat bc of it