twelve.

'"I suggest you talk to your mother about that, Astrid.'"

Jasper's words seemed to reverberate in her mind as she sat in her third period, the voice of Mr. Stevens droning, monotonous voice causing her to daze off. Her mother had yet to return from Seattle though, so there was no way for Astrid to really 'talk' to her mother. 

The idea had sparked in her head as the bell sounded loudly, all of the students in her class hurriedly rushing out, including her and she was met with the dimpled smile of Jasper Hale as she stepped out of her classroom. A grin formed on Astrid's face when her eyes fell on him; today he sported a light, grey T-shirt that hugged his torso perfectly, the outline of his prominent muscles poking through the shirt. His pale arms wrapped around her waist, his cold skin being something she quickly found comfort in.

Astrid made sure not to gawk for too long, yet Jasper had already noticed as he smirked at her and pulled her in for a small kiss, in which she returned. Jasper seemed to be oblivious to the stares of the students walking past them, though Astrid was fully aware that people were watching. She intertwined their fingers as they walked to the lunchroom, a proud smile upon Jasper's face.

"So, I've been thinking." Astrid started as the two stepped in the cafeteria, Jasper leading her to the table where his family already sat. 

"Yeah?" Jasper urged.

"Well, remember how you said I should talk to my mum?"

Jasper adverted his gaze to Astrid as he slowed down his pace, the girl next to him slowing down her steps as well. Jasper nodded as he recalled their conversation from a few days back, "Well, my mum - you know who's in Seattle -" She laughed sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck, "She won't be coming back until Sunday, so I was thinking of going down to Seattle to talk with her." 

Jasper's eyes widened for a brief moment before his cool stature returning as he led them over to the table, "Are you asking me to go with you?"

Astrid laughed briefly, "Er - No, I was just letting you know. Forewarning, ya know?" 

Jasper smiled slightly as he pulled out a seat for Astrid to sit in, Jasper taking his spot next to her. 

"Hi, Astrid." Alice's dainty voice spoke as she smiled at Astrid, her liquid topaz eyes glimmering. 

"Hi, Alice." She smiled before turning back to Jasper, knowing fully well that the rest of his siblings knew what their conversation was about.

"Yes, I know." He murmured. "Just, try to stay out of danger." 

Astrid's eyes widened as she ran her fingers through her hair, Jasper inhaling deeply at the motion, "Wha- Danger? Me? I walk on the wild side! I laugh in the face of danger!" Astrid exclaimed as she mocked The Lion King, Emmett's boasting laugh sounding from beside her. 

"You do realize Simba said that right before he almost got slaughtered by Hyena's, right?" Emmett chuckled. Astrid jabbed her elbow in his side, despite the fact that he didn't flinch in pain like most would, "Shut up." She laughed, the glare on her face making her seem as dangerous as a newborn puppy. Emmett chuckled as he held his hands up in mock surrender.

Astrid looked around at the table, her brow quirking in confusion, "Where's Edward?" 

Rosalie rolled her eyes, a snarl forming on her face as she jutted her finger towards a secluded table where Edward was smiling cheekily at Bella, who held her head on her hand, a smile on her face. 

Emmett smiled as he wrapped his beefy arm around Roasalie's shoulders, "C'mon Rose. You're perfectly fine with Jasper and Astrid here. Why not Edward?"

Rosalie grimaced, "It's not Edward I'm worried about." 

Astrid bit her lip as she realized that Rosalie held the same dislike towards Bella Swan, and for some reason, Astrid felt a bond would grow between the pair from the same feelings they held towards the awkward girl.

this was kinda a filler, but yo next chapter is gonna be holding a lotttttt of juicy stuff so stay tuned. also my sister is going to see odesza tonight without me and im just kinda sitting here waiting for death