18. Your Spell

I would like to wish a very merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it and a happy new year to those of you who don't! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

"Well Miss. Red Dress, you look pretty flustered" I heard Vincent say beside me. I jumped at the sound of his voice, surprised by his sudden presence.
"Oh and jumpy" he added, grinning. "What's gotten you so riled up" he asked casually, but my immediate answer gave away my lack of composure.
"Nothing!" I practically yelled in his face before leaving my locker and rushing off.

I really had to get myself together, this 'thing' with Eli was confusing me, but exciting me all the same. It was like at any second I could see him and the world would become better. The school hallways would be lively and animated, instead of dull and mundane. I practically skipped to English, a lesson we shared. I was never able to concentrate, but I couldn't say I particularly cared. When I walked in he was lounging at the back of the classroom, for once in his life he was actually on time to a class. I walked over unable to hide the grin on my face.
"You're actually on time" I chimed, taking the empty seat next to him.
"Must be your influence" he replied, giving me a toothy smile that melted my heart. It was genuine and that's what made it so lovely.
"Well, I hope your influence doesn't rub off on me because I don't want to be scraping gum off of tables in detention" I grinned playfully at him.
"I'll have you know that since we became acquainted I have not received a detention once" he said, matter-of-factly.
"Pfft. Some bad boy you are" I scoffed.
"Oh, I can be bad, baby" he raised a suggestive eyebrow at me, I have to admit my heart did skip a beat at his sexual implication. What was the boy doing to me!

"You're acting strange" Silver said as we sat at our usual lunch table waiting for the other to joint us.
"Am not" I replied childishly. She stared me in the eyes, as if trying to figure out what I was hiding. I was suddenly scared that she would be able to see Eli kissing me replaying in my eyes. I know it's a ridiculous thought, but her thorough inspection was creeping me out.
"It's something to do with Eli, you can't stop grinning and biting your lip-" and then it clicked all at once "you totally kissed! Oh you filthy hussy! Vince Vincent! They kissed! They finally did it! You owe me $20 dollars sucker!" She began ranting as Vincent joined us at our table.
"No you did not! I knew something was up! Well, I'm impressed, I really didn't think he'd work up the courage" Vincent said, sounding as though he was well versed in the subject and mine and Elijah's relationship.
"I told you the dress would do the trick didn't I? I'm telling you, a guy cannot resist a red dress. Wait, what was it like? Was it like rough and angry or soft and gentle?" Silver carried on, not waiting to hear what I had to say. I kicked her hard as I saw the others coming to the table.
"My brothers may worship Eli, but they will still tear his tongue out and feed it to the seagulls" I hissed to shut up the gossiping muppets. They both silenced, but literally had to bite their tongues to stop from talking.
"What did we miss?" Seb asked as he sat down at the table.
"Red sweat!" Silver shouted out of nowhere.
"Oh my god! Hippos!" Riley exclaimed, clearing understanding what Silver was talking about. Maybe those two would be good together...

Eli smirked at me as he sat down. It was a superior smirk, like we knew something that nobody else knew and we had our own little secret. The thought of that made me so happy I thought I might burst. I smiled back at him and I swear Silver and Vincent squealed.
"Did you hear P? Hunter has got himself a girlfriend" Sebastian said, with a cheeky grin.
"Yeah, I heard" I smiled back at him, managing to tear my eyes off of Eli for a moment. I looked over to Silver and Vincent who looked ready to burst.
"Poor girl, doesn't know she's got herself into" Riley chuckled, then his face changed into a mischievous grin. "You know Silver, I'm in the market for a girlfriend myself" he wiggled his eyebrows at her. I wanted to jump over and hug my brother when Silver's expression changed from an excited grin to a glare of pure disgust. That was one way to take her mind off of me and Elijah. When I looked back over to the man in question, he was wearing a thoughtful expression, he looked somewhat worried.