Chapter 17 Goodbye?

Marcia POV

I ran. I ran as far as I could.But no matter how far I went,I couldn't escape the beast inside me. It was taunting me.A voice inside of me was screaming:kill,kill,kill.

I ran into the woods and stopped by a small river. I kneel down and splash some cool water on my face. I lean against a tree nearby and admire the beauty. The pale moon was bright against the dark night. I sigh and look back at the river. Suddenly,I hear a snap of a twig.I turn around,but my hand gets caught on a sharp twig and gives me a deep gash on my arm. I wince. A wolf emerges from the dark,its fur was pure white and glowed in the moonlight. She was a beautiful and majestic. I could feel the sting of the cut on my arm. I grip my arm to stop the flow of blood. The wolf must have noticed my pain,because it came up to me,sniffed my cut arm and started licking my wound. Slowly,the flow of blood decreased. I pull out a handkerchief from my back pocket and wrap it around my arm. Then, I heard more twigs snapping and 3 little pups ran up to the wolf. One of the pups had a beautiful white and black fur with one blue eye and one hazel eyes.He jumped onto my lap and began to lick my face. It tickled and I started giggling,then the two other puppies jumped onto my lap again and began licking my face as well.The elder wolf just played down beside me and napped. I felt happy in the moment.

Suddenly,I felt my mission buzzer ring on my side. I take it and look up to see the coordinates.'Central City'. I get up slowly as the puppies jump out of my lap. The mama wolf raises his head slowly as it begins to see me leave. The blue and hazel eyes puppy looks at me and grabs my pant leg as it whines. I pick him up and soothe his fur coat.  "Don't worry,I'll be back tomorrow". I said.But they all weren't having any of it. They all kept following me. I finally gave in and decided to bring them home with me. I quickly grabbed the mama wolf and carried her in my arms. The baby wolves jumped into my satchel that I carried and stuck their heads out of the bag. I channelled my levitation powers and flying powers from Meghan and flew back home,dropped them off in my room,where they just napped. I immediately fly all the way to Central City to help the others.

************************************

Robin's POV

As soon as we get back inside,we get an alert that Central City was attacked by the Injustice League. Kaldur told me not to call Marcia,assuming that she has to much on her mind right now. I nod, sighing. I run out to the garage and jump onto my bike and start it up. As the garage door opens, I start the engine and ride away to Central City. Kaldur and Red follow behind me. Kid speeds ahead,Meghan and Superboy are on my right,while Artemis is on my left.

The fight was brutal. Joker was slashing his knife like a mad man,Poison Ivy was sprouting roots one after the other,Count Vertigo has put Kid Flash on his knees. We were all in trouble. I fall on my back as Joker throws one of  his throwing knives at me when I felt something in my pocket. I kick Joker in the face and he falls back. I put my hand in my pocket. A help caller. I look at it and then look back at my team. We were struggling to fight them. Superboy is headlocked and struggling.Meghan is hurt,same with Kaldur. I knew I had to press that button,so I pressed it and threw a batarang at one of Poison Ivy vines that were  creeping up behind Artemis.

I was about to get hit by a sharp vine when I felt someone step in front of me. I heard a snap and sizzle. I look up to see a familiar face.

Marcia pulls me up to my feet."Saved the best for me,I see. " she says,readying her stance.

"You didn't have to come,you know."

"And let you have fun,not a chance.Besides,you pressed the help button." She say and her hands turn into stone as she runs to punch Poison Ivy in the face. She speeds up and knocks out everyone in the Injustice League in less than eight minutes. We all stood in shock as she single handedly handcuffed the bad guys.

She walks up to all of us, shaking the dust off her shirt. Her hair was flowing onto her shoulders, untouched and unharmed.  It felt like there was a heavenly glow around her body. She looks at all of us and says, " You guys alright?" 

We all nod, speechless

"That's great. Now, Let leave, it getting rather cold right now.Also, meet me in the meeting room when we get there." She says as  she  speeds off into the distance. 

We all look at each other in confusion. What is happening? Kaldur walks up to me, his face rather cut up and he looked weak. 

"Can I get  ride home with you? Ivy crushed my bike." he asks in a weak voice.

I nod and we both get on my bike and drove back to Mt. Justice.

On the way, Kaldur asks me," How did you get a girl like her, Robin?" 

"I really don't know." I respond.

He sighs and smiles," You are one lucky kid, Rob. Marcia remindes me of Tula from my world. She was strong, independent, and kind."

I smile," Yeah, she's a keeper. I just wish she's more open about her feelings. She  has been keeping secrets from me. Usually, I could tell what  a girl's hiding, but she, different. She knows what I'm hiding, but I can't decipher her thoughts. She's mysterious."

We reached the headquarters before we knew it. I helped clean up Kaldur's bruises and we all met up at the mission room. Marcia was sitting on top of the table, with three wolves lying down next to her  and one baby wolf was in her hand. Her eyes color was different, not the warm heartfilled dark chocolate brown eyes, more ice cold blue, almost scary. I felt chills. I saw it change back to brown immediatly when she saw me.  When everyone came, she got off the table. The older wolf got off the table, while the baby wolves stayed lying on the table.

 She looked at all of us with concern,"I've decided to leave the team."

"What?!" We all yelled.

"I have only caused destruction and pain to those around me ever since I fell from my world. I am a hazard. I don't work well with teams. It's best if I go solo from now on." She say,looking down."Don't worry,if you need my help,you will be able to contact me using that shield." She say,pointing at the bracelet she gave me.

I look at her," Why leave us,Marcia?" I say,stepping close to her and holding her hands,"Why leave me?"

I felt her heart skip a beat,"I want you safe,Rob. I want you safe away from me." She say and lets go of me.

She calls for the wolves to follow her and she exits the tower.

I fall to my knees,tears well up in my eyes. Wally came up to me and hugged me,"Its alright,buddy." But I knew I wouldn't be alright. My heart was broken. I felt lonely. I couldn't feel anything,my senses were numb.

"I love her,no matter what she says and does,I will still find her and convince her to come back. Even if it means injuring myself in the process" I say to myself.