Chapter 9 Dealer's Cards

Marcia's POV

I jump up from where I was lying, breathing heavily. Where am I? Oh, Drainage, I thought to myself. I look around, it was completely dark. I turn around to see a faint light. I walk towards it. I see a small table, two chairs and a small lamp. I sit down on one of the chairs. On the weary table, I see a deck of cards. Small, yet looks new. I feel a presence in the room.

"Hello, Nice to meet you after a long time, sir." I say as a figure approaches me.

He doesn't take off his hood, but he calls himself 'The Spoken'. He controls the prophecies and future, as to be told. He wad my age,that's all I know about him.

"Hello, Marcia. Are you well?" he says as he sits down.

"Tell me why we do this? I mean, why can't you just write this down and mail it. It's the future, for god sake" I say sarcastically.

He ignores my comment as he shuffles the deck and say, "This is very important, it has to do with your mother."

That makes me stand on edge. "M...my mother. But she's dead. Her prophecies ended when I was born. That's what you told me years ago, according to what I recall my friends saying."

"Your friends..." he says annoyed," are mistaken." He hands out five cards. "I never told you something, something I should have told you a long time ago."

"What do you mean?"

"I know you are in a different realm right now, and I know you are in love with a young boy who refers to himself as Robin. I knew you were going to be accidently sucked into a time portal."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, worried.

"The machine wasn't turned on before, because Tony never plugged it in. He messed up on his calculations. But someone fixed it and changed your prophecy. That someone was your mother."

My mouth dropped wide open, did I just hear what I think I heard?

"Wait, she alive?!?!" I exclaimed.

He slowly nods as he drops four aces on the table, indicating the game was over. I stood up, infuriated. I grabbed his neck and pushed him against a wall. He began to choke. "Marcia, stop"

"No! The one thing that I regretted for my entire life was my mistake of killing my mother. I beaten myself up for this for my entire life, and now you tell me she's alive. You knew I was devastated, and you decided not to tell me." I tighten my grip as I two vines grow from behind and grab my waist and pull me back.

He chokes and catches his breath and kneels on the floor. I struggle from the entanglement as he gets up and grabs a knife from his back pocket and puts it next to my neck. I tense up.

"I've known you my entire life, I know how it feels not to know something that has been haunting you your entire life. Besides, I have my reasons to hide this information because I don't want you running off and killing yourself."

"Why do you care about my life, huh? If I died, you could just take on another human host and haunt their life. You could do that your entire lif-"

"IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!! Okay, I admit it!" he says, and removes the knife that was right about to cut my throut. The vines untangle and I was standing in front of a boy who I've dealt with my whole life admit his feeling to me. I was surprised at first, because all he'd ever show me was hatred. I gave him a hug and he returned it.

"I love you too, but I can't be with you. I have someone else in my heart now, Spoken." I say.

I can see a few tears in his eyes, "It's actually Hermes,"