Prologue

I used to be an average teenage girl. 

With an average teenage life.

Used to.

I know that people say that change doesn't take place overnight, that you can't pinpoint the exact day in your meek little life when everything changed and got thrown upside down. Well, that's a load of bullshit. Because I can remember the exact second that life decided it hadn't gotten enough entertainment out of my life and decided to give me a little... situation, shall we say.

Lemme give you a quick run down to that exact second.

Me? Well I'm Trinity Collins. I went to a school in the middle of no-where. There was a sort of hierarchy there. Up the top of the line, there were the jocks and popular girls who took every opportunity they could to make you feel like shit. Then there were the everyday, ordinary people who minded their own business. Lastly, there were the unfortunate people that were looked down on everywhere they went.

I, myself, was part of the middle group. I minded my own business, did my work, and stayed out of trouble. I had a couple of friends, but none that I could really call my best friend. I didn't really mind though, because I hated relying on other people. I wasn't picked on, and I wasn't popular, I was just sort of there. I guess you could say that it wouldn't have made a difference if I wasn't around. 

I was never the center of boys' attention, but I wasn't surprised. I was average looking at best, but that wasn't what repelled the boys. It was the fact that I actually had an ounce of self-respect that pushed them away. They only went after the ones who handed their body around for free, like the free butter candies left on hotel reception desks. No-one really liked them, but they were there, so they took 'em just because they could.

You're probably wondering how everybody didn't hate me, seeing as I'm a grumpy little shit. Well, there's two reasons for this;
1) I kept my opinions to myself. That's kind of what I did. I didn't let people in easily, never wanted to expose my thoughts to some prying stranger who, as was blatantly obvious, cared more about the gossip than how I actually felt.

2) I didn't always used to be like this.

You wanna know my story? Alright, your wish is my command. Let's reenact the whole thing.

____________

Twitter: @5derpsofsumma