The anniversary

Tylah's POV

I woke up and looked on my bed side table to get a drink I always have of a morning and saw a little box wrapped up. I picked it up and ran as fast as I could into Leo's room, mostly because as soon as I was halfway there I realised I was in my bra and undies. I opened the door not even bothering to knock. I shut the door quietly behind me and locked it. I sat on Leo's bed and said, "Morning." Leo was on his phone.
"Morning, Tylah. I missed you,"
"I found this in my room this morning, can I open it?"
"Of course!"
I unwrapped it and opened the box, there was a gold ring with a blue sapphire.
"Is this... A friendship ring?" I asked giving Leo a quick peck on the lips.
"Yep. By the way, nice bra and underwear," He said looking me up and down with a huge mischievous grin.
"Oh, stop," I said quickly jumping under the blankets.
"It's not my fault you're so attractive,"
"Leo..." I trailed off.
"What? What's wrong?" He knew something was wrong. I jumped out of the bed and ran to my room. I shut the door behind me and jumped into bed and cried.
Today was the day my mother and sister were murdered. I used to want to find the killer and take revenge now I'm sort of grateful to the killer without them I wouldn't have met all the people I know and love today.
The door opened.
"No stay away! Don't kill me!" I screamed.
"Tylah, it's only me. What's wrong?" Leo asked sitting down next to me.
"Nothing. I don't want to talk about it,"
"I'm not gonna tell anyone,"
"No..."
"Please,"
"You're not going to gonna stop asking are you?"
"Nope. I want to know so I can help,
"You can't help. Not unless you have a time machine,"
"Come on,"
"Well 6 years ago today..." I started off and told Leo the inter story.
"I'm so sorry, why would people just forget about someone's death like that? Didn't their parents try to solve it on their own? Why did't you stay with your grandparents?" Leo asked.
"My grandparents on my mums side live on the other side of the world and have nothing to do with us and my grandparents on my dads side. Well, I don't know my dad. He went away to war when mum was pregnant with me," I told him.
Leo hugged me for the longest time. My heart warmed up and my throat be gain to hurt as I tried to keep in the tears but they wouldn't stay and I cried into Leo's chest.