Twenty

A/N 

If it has a POV it is NOT in Dan's diary it is written as it is happening, got it? good :)

Dan ~

Phil stood at the lockers in front of me, do I talk to him? I let out a heavy sigh and allowed my feet to carry me towards him, I was petrified and by the time I got there I had no idea what to do or say. Luckily Phil talked first "Hi! So have you decided to stop ignoring me?" He didn't sound like he was trying to be mean but I got scared anyway and only stuttered out a small "s-sorry" Phil let a small giggle his tongue poking out from his mouth it was kind of cute "s'okay, I was kidding! I never got your name?"
"Oh! I-I'm Dan" I never really stutter what? Must be because he is new, I'm even worse around new people. "Well then Dan, as you know I am Phil and I would absolutely love to get to know you better"
"uh...okay?" He smiled and walked off into the cafeteria, he is kind of strange. But maybe strange is just what I need.

///\\\

Last lesson dragged to its end and I got up now free from this wretched hell and able to go home and waste away on tumblr, yet clearly it is never that simple as my wrist was grabbed by an excited looking Phil. I guess the getting to know each other was happening right away.
Phil was jumping around like an excited toddler and I walked alongside him letting out a bored "where are we going?" as we have been walking for the past 15 minutes in the opposite direction of my house so that is a 25 minute walk home, Phil just laughed in reply and pointed to a small bakery.
It looked...quaint. As we walked through the doors a smell of cinnamon and sugar smacked me in the face, I loved it.

///\\\

Phil ran over to the counter ready to order straight away, I on the other hand hoping he ordered for me as I cannot under any circumstances talk to cashiers without stuttering and freaking out. "I'll have a Caramel Latte and a Cinnamon Bun please, Dan? What d'you want?" Oh god, what if I order something they don't have or- or they judge me for it? Of course they will! "u-uh...u-"
"He'll have the same." Phil interrupted - not really - and handed the lady a five pound note, I relaxed. We could sit down and not have to worry about anything else.

Phil chose a booth in the back corner of the Bakery and as we sat on opposite sides he sighed and then said "I won't ask what that was about, just tell me next time yeah?" I allowed myself to give away a small smile and nodded sipping my Latte proceeding to burn my tongue as it was fresh made and dropping it all over myself burning my legs and stomach I stood up and looked at myself then to Phil who was still sat mouth hanging he started to speak but I couldn't hear him, I was running out of the Bakery embarrassed, I can't believe I did that! I heard someone - Phil - yell after me and again ignored him. He is probably going to tell everyone and I'll be a laughing stock. I felt a tear slip down my cheek wiping it away I stopped running realizing I had made it home. It feels like everything only happened seconds ago.

Stepping through the front door I ignored the greetings from my parents and ran upstairs to change, just into simple pajamas (I wouldn't be leaving the house for the rest of the day anyways) and dragged myself into the kitchen where my step-mother and father sat filing papers, reading them. My dad looked up for a mere second "You okay, son?" I chuckled slightly, of course not! I just humiliated myself in front of Phil but I just replied with a simple "Yeah, dad." Now it was Erica's (who after 4 years I still refuse to call mum) turn to speak "Dinner is the oven Dan, Shepherds Pie. Would you like some?" After a day like today I needed a home cooked meal "Sounds great!" I said giving her a smile, Erica makes the best food, that I cannot deny. 

///\\\

Walking into school on Monday was the scariest thing I've done in a while, Phil saw me from his locker and ran over to me asking many times if I were hurt and if I'm okay, I nodded each time he asked. Giving him a small smile I walked over to my locker, he followed. "so...since last time um, didn't go as planned?" I let out a small laugh of course he wants to try again, god I am making it sound like it were date! "Sure, Phil." He beamed at me as the bell rang.

The school day went slower than expected but it was over. And I waited by Phil's locker for him, no point delaying the inevitable. He came over chatting with Chris smiling at me I gave him a smile back.

///\\\

This time around Phil just took me the pond nice, simple and quiet. He has been talking about anime for the past fifteen minutes and I could honestly just watch him talk for hours. "So Dan what d'you think?" he asked staring at me. Wow, his eyes are really blue. "um..y-yeah I agree." His smile got wider but only for a second before it was replaced with an almost confused look "You don't talk much do you?" His head tilted to the side like a dog. "Well I'm not really a conversationalist." He laughed slightly his smile, everything about him is absolutely perfect, sure I may not of been talking to him long, but I think I am starting to fall for Phil Lester "Sorry what?" Shit! I can't believe I just said that out loud. It's okay he didn't hear me..."Oh nothing, just talking to myself."

///\\\

Phil walked me to my house after staying at the pond for the last 4 hours, the time flew past. I stopped us just outside my house. My dad and Erica would question it. "Thank you Phil for making 'get to know you' I had fun."  I stepped a slight bit closer to him "hey you spoke a full, long sentence!" he joked, I didn't feel funny but I laughed anyway, stepping closer again I said "You make me want to talk." Smirking I took the final step forward and kissed his cheek, pulling him into a hug, before he could react. It wasn't much, but that is the first time I've done anything like that, I know pathetic at seventeen, plus I don't even know if I am gay, bi or bi-curious. Phil is the best person I've ever felt this sort of attraction towards. Phil pulled away from the hug, not smiling, not frowning. But smirking he leaned in. Oh, he was about to kiss me. Our lips where millimeters apart I let out a small shaky breath as our lips tou- "What the fuck!?"

A/N
No, no smoochy smooch for you.
well this took way to long...it was about triple this length but then I decided I hated it and deleted most of it (oops?)

well hope you liked it! pls vote (It helps support my trash needs)

- Jodie