Ch. 8: Red and blue

Sans's eyes flickered immediately, although it was quick. In an attempt to make sure he wouldn't blow up again, you took his hand, setting aside your soft blushing. The little lights returned as bright as ever, along with the hint of blue at his cheekbones. Papyrus waved at Mettaton, a light shade of orange on his cheekbones. "HELLO, METTATON! SO GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT!" Mettaton strode in, smiling. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, darling." You sigh as Sans's hand tightens around your own. Like he was trying to control his anger with your hand; so you held on tightly back.

A bit later, you, Sans, and Toriel were seated on the couch, with Undyne beside Alphys and Papyrus beside Mettaton on the floor. Frisk was on Toriel's lap, and you still held hands with Sans. Toriel looked at Pap. "What shall we do?" Frisk shrugged, and Alphys spoke up. "W-what if we play something? I've s-seen a game called 'Seven m-minutes in heaven.'" On no. Not this game. Before you could protest, Sans shot you a somewhat hopeful look. Papyrus clapped a bit. "WHAT'S THE GAME LIKE, ALPHYS?" Undyne smiled, like she knew already. Alphys rubbed her hands. "W-well, we take a hat and everyone p-puts something in it. So a-another person pulls something out, and whoever the t-thing belongs to has to go into a c-closet for seven minutes with them." Mettaton's mechanical giggling was heard, and Toriel chuckled too. "It sounds fun. Do you like it, Frisk?" They nodded, smiling. Undyne beamed. "Thing is, does the human agree?" All eyes were on you and you were instantly uncomfortable. Your hand tightened around Sans's, which squeezed right back. "I uh...sure? I guess...? Sounds interesting..." Alphys smiled and Papyrus beamed. Mettaton giggled, like he couldn't wait to start. "SO IT IS DECIDED!! WE SHALL PLAY SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN!!" You were slightly confused. You knew the game, but maybe the monster's version was less...intimate.

Papyrus had ran to his room and came back with a pirate's hat. He said he'd found it along with the jolly roger flag. You all sat on the floor in a circle, and you noticed that your and Sans's hands never parted. The hat was put on the floor just before Papyrus sat. There were a number of noises as each person tossed an item into the hat. You had no idea what to put in, so you plucked a random pen from your pocket and tossed it in. You were the last person to do so. After you, Mettaton spoke up. "So who'll be going first~?" Alphys shrugged. "M-maybe the human? W-what is your name anyways?" All eyes on you again. "Oh it's uh...(y/n)." Undyne crossed her arms and nodded, like she approved your name. Alphys seemed to like it, and Frisk smiled when you said it. Undyne spoke next. "So go for it, punk. Who's your pick?" You shrug and plunge your hand into the hat to choose something. What're the odds that you'd get Sans? You felt cloth, metal, and...glass? You pick out the glass, and it turns out to be a syringe. Who would put a syringe in the hat? Alphys looked pretty shocked before she stood. "T-that's mine..." You nod, standing after her. Your hand falls from Sans's, and he looks sad to let go. Alphys wrung her hands. "They d-don't have a closet, do t-they?" Papyrus spoke. "MAYBE THE KITCHEN?" You shrug and nod. "That okay with you Alphys?" She looks back at you and nods. Undyne huffs, arms crossed. Seems she was upset over having someone leave her side too...

Alphys turned out to be a little more outgoing once she got closer to someone. You found out she liked anime, was a royal scientist, and she even taught you a bit about monsters and her favorite anime, something called "Mew Mew Kissy Cutie". You returned to your respective seats, and Sans immediately takes your hand again. You smile, chuckling softly as you scoot slightly closer to him. Undyne wrapped her arm around Alphys as soon as she came back a well. Toriel spoke first. "Who will be going next?" Alphys perked up. "I think i'm s-supposed to choose someone... Mettaton? Do you want t-to go next?" Mettaton sat up, getting closer to the hat. "How could i not, Alphys darling~?" He felt inside the hat as you had, picking out a small bone. You instantly thought it was Sans until Papyrus fumed bright orange. And Sans almost crushed your hand. The robot chuckled. "Oh, ho hoo, Papy deeaaar~" You almost had to tackle Sans so he'd stay seated. Alphys was silently cheering Mettaton on, and Undyne was chuckling loudly. Toriel was looking a bit worried at Sans's behavior. Mettaton stood, helping Pap up with a giggle. Nothing too inappropriate went on, but a few pleasured moans from Mettaton's part were heard. Sans moved to get up. This called for drastic measures; you pulled him back down and in a sudden rush of bravery, kissed his cheekbone. Sans froze and sunk back to the ground, a thick blue lather spreading on his skull. It matched the flood of red on your cheeks. Undyne seemed to be too caught up in Alphys, like Toriel was with Frisk. You and Sans both had your hoods pulled over your faces, and hands intertwined once again.

And the game continued. Pap came back smothered in black lipstick and blushing bright orange. Mettaton returned with a wink, fixing his lipstick. You hugged Sans's arm close to calm him. He chuckled nervously and didn't seem to mind. He still glowed though. The next turn, Toriel was chosen to go in with Undyne. Nothing much happened, except that Undyne's handy spear was bent in half. Toriel exited looking slightly angered, and Undyne actually looked a bit scared. A few more rounds passed; Sans with Frisk, You and Papyrus, Undyne and Alphys, and Mettaton with Toriel. Your turn came again, and you swished through the hat once more. The familiar cloth, glass, and other textures rubbed past your hand until you felt something soft and squishy strike your hand. You were slightly disgusted and there were chuckles at your current expression. You grab the squishy thing and pull it out. You look at it in extreme confusion, along with everyone else. It's uh...a hot dog? You turn it around. It has ears and a cat face carved into the end. A hot...cat? Mettaton broke the silence with immense giggling, which Pap joined in right after. You glance to your side at Sans, and he'd turned into a glow stick again. Undyne slowly broke into a wide smile upon realization. "ooOOOHH I SEE WHAT'S GOIN ON HERE-!" Alphys noticed soon after, as shown by the smug look on her face. Toriel was apparently told by giggling Frisk and was now chuckling under her breath. You finally spoke. "I uh...it's Sans isn't it..." "NGAAAHHHH-" Undyne screeched and fell backwards. "GET IN THE KITCHEN NOW!" It was a more excited than angered yell. Your face was a burning scarlet at this point. You gulp and nod, shifting to stand. At that moment, your and Sans's intertwined hands were shown to all, and literally nothing could be understood in the amounts of noises, cheers, and screeching being made in the circle. They shipped it pretty hard. Sans stood beside you, hood over his face. "L-let's get this over with..." The screaming quieted down when you went to the kitchen, and completely dissipated once you were in. Like they were trying to eavesdrop. You both just stood in silence for the first few seconds. You decided to speak, thinking it was a good time to tell the truth. "S-sans?" Again, somewhat spooked at your wavering voice. He turned to you, peeking from under his hood. Time felt like it stopped from then on. You couldn't feel your heart beating, and felt like you'd swallowed five jars of butterflies. "Yeah, (y/n)?" "I uh...i've gotta tell you something." His face glowed brighter; it literally illuminated the space around it. "Heh funny, 'cuz i have to too..." He smiled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. This kind of surprised you; it was obvious he had a crush on you, but would he actually say?! "Could i go first?" You were going to do this. You were actually going to pun your way through this. You were pretty sure your face practically glowed red at this point. He nodded. "Sure...?" You couldn't help it. This time, he looked you straight in the eye, with a nervous, awaiting smile on his face. You gulped again and rubbed the back of your neck. "I uh... I think i scraped something falling for you." He watched you, shocked now, and his cheekbones looked like blue lightbulbs. You finally felt your heart again, after it'd skipped a few beats. The shocked look twitched into a little smile. A small smile spread on your own burning face. He looked amazed now. He chuckled nervously, glancing at you. "Well, i think i have...just the cure you need." Swiftly, he stepped toward you. You had no time to react before his hands had been softly placed at your jawline, and his teeth placed to your lips. You knew he didn't have lips, but you could feel them. Just before you closed your eyes, a small blaze of blue escaped from his closed left socket, and you melted into the kiss. That is what this game is all about, right?