Ch. 4: Crush?

It's been about a week since then. You guys kept the dog because it seemed you couldn't get rid of him. Papyrus was ecstatic. The dog reminded you of the snow poffs you'd seen while exploring the area, so that was the chosen name. Poff. It suited him, honestly. So, today. You wake up somewhere warm and dark. A blanket is draped over you, and a warmish-coldish object was clasped in your hands. When your eyes adjusted to the dark, you noticed the object in your hands to be none other than Sans's hands. At the realization, a flurry of tingling flowed through your hands and dissipated into your arm, as you felt a warm rush creep into your cheeks as well. Another tingle ran through your stomach. You didn't have to ask yourself what that signified; you had a bit of a sudden crush on the skele-dude. You shift a bit, to get out of the dark space. You move your fingers a bit from in between Sans's, and you hear his soft snoring stop. His sockets flutter open and the little lights glow after a second. You hold your breath as he takes in the scene; warm, dark, and hand in hand with you. His cheekbones flushed with a luminescent blue, and his 'eyes' met yours. "Uh..." You could swear that surprised look on his face masked a beaming skelly. "Good morning." You knew you blushed deeper as you sighed softly and responded, "Yeah, 'mornin." You both stayed in silence, but it was an awkwardly comfortable silence. As time passed, it got more and more difficult to hold a smile in. You both relaxed pretty quickly, until you heard giggles outside of wherever you were. It sounded like a small child and was quickly joined by a giggle that you knew too well; a stifled "nyeheheheh-". The disappearing blush returned strongly, and the small space glowed bright blue with Sans's blush. You let a small, surprised sound out, and Sans attempted to hide his glowing skull int the neck of his t-shirt. You nudge one hand out of Sans's, and pull the blanket slightly so you could peek at the two outside. You held in the giggles at Sans's muttered cusses as your eyes found a small human 'speaking' to Papyrus in sign-language. After the kid finished, Pap's gloved hands rushed to his skull to muffle a fit of chuckles and giggles. He notices your red face peeking out at him and his laugh quickly ceases with a squeak. A hand dropped from his mouth and took the little kid's hand, literally dragging him out at the speed of sound. You sigh and pull the cover off, Sans looks at you a bit puzzled. "Was...Papyrus here?" "Yep. Him and some kid." He nods. "Yeah, that's Frisk. They're the first human we made friends with." Cool. You usher yourself halfway out of the warmth of the blanket, sitting up beside Sans now. "Nice. So, i wonder how we ended up here..." You had a slight suspicious, yet knowing tone in your voice; obviously, Papyrus and the kid Frisk had set this up. Sans chuckled, pulling himself up too. He was in a regular white t-shirt, short-sleeved, which was weird. You were used to seeing him in a long-sleeve turtleneck. You were wearing what you had come with in the first place, just minus the hoodie; a darkish-blue tank-top and jeans. Sans's hand was still in yours, and you wondered if this was on purpose. "I'm betting Paps set us up.
"Wanna go investigate, kiddo?" You chuckled softly, nodding. "Yup." You both stand, with a little help from the other and your hands come apart *much to your disagreement*. You try to fix your hair, but fail to do so, and just try to smooth it down. Sans chuckles, watching your actions. "Settle down kid, i like that wild look on ya." You felt a touch of warmth on your cheeks and slowly let your arms loose by your side. "Okay...so, let's go see the supposed matchmakers." That...came out wrong... You blush heartily and Sans's cheekbones are splashed with a pale neon blue. He clears his throat through the awkwardness. "Yeah, let's go."

You both talked to Pap and Frisk over breakfast bowls of spaghetti when Pap comes clean. "YES BROTHER, FRISK AND I DID PUT YOU AND THE HUMAN TOGETHER. THEY THOUGHT YOU WERE CUTE!" You blush softly at this but shrug it off and continue eating, eyes averted. Pap's gaze shifts to you. "HUMAN? ARE YOU ANGRY?" You look back at him, mouth full of noodles. You shake your head, which was about the best you could do in this condition. Papyrus seems relieved nonetheless, as does Frisk. Sans chuckles, leaning back in his seat. "Wow Pap, how'd ya manage to move me?" Pap looks at Sans now, confused. "REALLY? YOU'RE NOT HEAVY AT ALL, SANS!" Sans's grin drops like a rock and you try not to laugh. Of course, you fail. You take a napkin off the table quick, and laugh into it, trying to prevent anyone to be sprayed by spaghetti flecks. Frisk laughs as well, mostly because of your actions. Sans crosses his arms, clearing his throat and smirks, trying to cover up the scene. "I know i'm funny, but calm down, hah." You laugh one last time, wiping tomato sauce off your face. "Hahah, now i wanna see if it's true!" Frisk giggles, looking at Sans with a look of curiosity. It seemed they wanted to know as well. Sans huffed, chuckling, standing up with hands on his hips. "Go ahead, kiddo, but i gotta warn ya, i'm no feather." You giggle a bit, standing as well and heading to him. He stands still, that wide smile still on his face, as you position your arms on him to carry him bridal style. It was the most comfortable way for you to do so. A light blue tinge spread on his cheekbones as you swooped him off his feet, one hand at his back and the other in the bend of his knees. His face never switched expressions so fast; one second to go from an awaiting smile to flurry of bright blue on a shocked skull. You were pretty flushed yourself, and you laughed triumphantly when you succeeded. "Hah, gotcha!" His arms wrapped around you in reflex and he looked a bit scared, yet surprised, yet giddy. "Heheh, just don't drop me..." At that moment, an insane pickup line entered your mind. "But isn't it dangerous to hold hot things?" Red coursed through your face, as a bright blur of blue did his. "Oh...oh wow..." He shifted a bit, laughing softly. "Strong AND funny." You blushed madder than you were already, and laughed, shuffling to let him down. He squirmed off, chuckling. Papyrus seemed slightly maddened at the pickup line exchange, and Frisk's giggly face showed that they'd worked out the situation between you two. You dusted your hands, laughing a bit as you sat again to finish the pasta. Sans sat as well, shooting you a little wink.

So Mettaton returned that afternoon, for supposedly two reasons; to see Paps and ask if you'd cook for MTT restaurants. Frisk had left by then, led out by a goat-woman that was referred to as 'Toriel'. She seemed really nice and motherly. And Mettaton got here just after Toriel and Frisk left. He immediately got to asking you if you accepted the job. He payed somewhat well, but Sans didn't really square off well with this guy. You asked for a bit more time to decide. "Oh darling, how long will it take?" He pouted, clinging to Pap. Papyrus seemed to enjoy it, by the orange-ish glow on his cheekbones. Sans's face showed he disagreed, but he seemed a bit calmer, as you would shoot him a glance when he got worked up. He'd usually calm down after, but sometimes you needed a little wink to persuade him. This was one of those moments. Mettaton hugged Papyrus tighter, causing Pap to squeak and giggle excitedly. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Sans crack his knuckles. That is never good. You gave him the specific look, and he just crossed his arms. He still looked mad, but not like he'd attack anyone. He looked away crossly, and your first thought was to bring out the big guns; you had to make him laugh. Not chuckle; full out l-a-u-g-h. You tapped your foot to gain his attention, which worked after a few tries. You winked at him with a little smirk and the frown flickered up into a small smile, with the lightest blue coating his cheekbones. He winked back and you giggled. Your pinkish face and giggling was enough to set him off chuckling. You giggle a bit harder, sticking your tongue out to see if he'd do the same, which you completely doubted. What took place next left you completely dumbfounded; he smiled mischievously, his white eye-lights going out for the left one to be replaced with a neon blue iris. Two of his top teeth sharpened into canines before your eyes, and a pointed, neon blue tongue slid out between the two sets of teeth. It slid back in and he blinked, sockets returning to normal and crossing his arms, skull slightly blue with a triumphant, yet devious smile. Your face was probably flaming red, for reasons known only to you. You crossed your arms, chuckling nervously, softly. You mouthed the words 'you win.' at him, and he laughed, hands going back in his pockets and the familiar happy smile back on his face. Welp, you achieved your goal to make him laugh... Aaaaaand Mettaton had seen the whole ordeal from behind you. You'd almost forgot he and Paps were in the room. Paps's face was in a bit of shock, and Mettatons looked like he'd just gotten the best gift ever known to him. He giggled, squeezing Pap again. "Gotta dash, darlings~" he giggled like an excited schoolgirl before running out the door. Pretty sure he shipped it. You looked back at Sans, and you knew he had also just noticed they were still there; his face was a blaze of blue, and covered by the fur-edged hood attached to his hoodie. He actually looked really cute...

Later, Sans was chilling on the couch as usual, and you were in the kitchen teaching Papyrus what you could about making other foods; pizza in this case. It was easy enough, and it wasn't a really big step from pasta either. Sans suddenly stood. "Welp, i've got work. Smell ya later, kiddos." He waved at you both, and you and Pap waved back. "GOODBYE, BROTHER! DON'T SLACK OFF!" "Bye Sansy." He chuckled and waved again before stepping out the door, closing it behind him. Paps immediately turned to you and places his hands on your shoulders. "HUMAN. LISTEN. WE MUST SPEAK OF MY BROTHER. YOU SAW HIS ACTIONS WITH HIS EYE AND TONGUE?" You were surprised to say the least. "Uh...yes?" "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MAKE HIM DO THAT?" "I uhm...stuck my own tongue out? I guess he just decided to copy me...?" Everything you said came out as a question. What was going on? Were glowing skeleton tongues not allowed? "THAT WAS IT? HE BARELY DOES THAT! THE ONLY TIME I'VE SEEN HIS EYE LIKE THAT WAS BEFORE HE USED AN ATTACK!" "An...attack?" "YES!! ONLY UNDER SPECIAL CURCUMSTANCES WILL WE DO THAT!" "Wait, we? You do that too?!" He sighed, as if you missed the whole point of the conversation. "YES, YES, BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER. FOR MY BROTHER TO DO THAT, ESPECIALLY SHOW HIS TOUNGE, YOU MUST MEAN SOMETHING TO HIM! YOU MUST BE EITHER AN OPPONENT OR A LOVE INTERST TO HIM!!" "L-love interest?!" There goes your face. Paps gasped a bit at your red face, removing his hands from your shoulders for one hand to poke your face. "HUMAN! YOUR FACE IS RED! DO YOU...FAVOR HIM AS A LOVE INTEREST AS WELL?!"