Ch. 7: House party

You spent the rest of the trek in embarrassed silence, wondering if Sans would be able to remember if Papyrus had yelled about confessing. You reached the boat and riverperson again. Poff hopped in behind you, and Pap complained about having to hold Sans during the trip. You were pretty sure he just wanted you to hold him, but his complaints distracted you enough so that you scraped your knee on the boat's edge. "Esch- ow..." Once you sat and examined the scraped knee, you had to hold Sans in your lap; the boat was only one person wide, and four persons long. With the riverperson, Pap, you, and Poff, it was a pretty tight squeeze. So, you held Sans like a child on your lap, rested against you. You could feel his back breathing on your chest, and your breaths synced. Needless to say, you were redder than a tomato, with Sans's cheekbones glowing soft blue again. Your head rested on his shoulder, just because it was a comfortable position as the boat began to move. When the boat made a slight turn, his skull softly rolled onto yours, and you smiled softly. He was honestly too cute. You held him a bit tighter, nuzzling the skull softly. It glowed brighter and you giggled. Your eyes averted to Papyrus, who sat before you, and saw him quickly turn around to face forward with a small "NYEH--". Your face probably got redder than the lava in Hotland, and you buried your face into Sans's fur ruff. You could've sworn you heard a whisper from the skull placed on yours, but passed it off as a snore. You must've dozed off in the comfort, because it seemed like a minute after your eyes shut, you were being tapped awake on the shoulder. "HUMAN?" Your eyes lazily blinked awake, showing a deep gray darkness. You noticed you were hunched forward, a cloth pressed against your face. It was revealed to be Sans's jacket. When you straightened back up, you were in the boat, and positively freezing. Sans was sprawled out on your lap, laying on his back. It seemed bluish drool dripped from the corner of his sleepy smile, and your face became burning red, despite your body beginning to shiver from the cold. Papyrus laughed in his skelly way, picking the limp Sans up off your lap. "NYEHEHEH, HUMAN, YOU'RE SO FLUSTERED~!!" Poff watched from behind Pap, yipping excitedly, like he agreed. You stepped off the boat, pulling the jacket off your hips and putting it on, burying what you could of your face in the jacket. "Shut uupp..." He laughed again, shifting Sans to carry him football style. "LET'S GO HOME, HUMAN. WE WILL CONFESS TO HIM THERE." Poff yapped again, following Papyrus as he began to stride forward. You nodded silently, a nervous, yet anticipation smile on your face. How would you do it?

After a little bit of walking, the four of you reached the house. Papyrus, Sans, and you went in, leaving Poff outside, much to his disagreement. Pap lay Sans on the couch, and you sat beside the skeleton. You'd already thought it, but you just couldn't stop; he was really too cute. Papyrus giggled excitedly from a little ways away. You blush a bit and look up at him, and he stops quickly. You keep in your own giggles as he marches into the kitchen. "YOU MUST BE HUNGRY, HUMAN. I, MASTER CHEF PAPYRUS, SHALL MAKE YOU THE NEW DISH YOU TAUGHT ME!" You chuckle. "Cool." You scoot closer to Sans, wondering what to do next. His boney hand lay near the couch's edge, and you couldn't help but fiddle with it a bit. His sockets, fluttered for a second, and your hand pulled away quickly in reflex. His sockets opened this time, dim lights looking at you until they shone at their normal brightness. Sans's cheekbones went slightly blue, and he shifted to sit up. "Mornin', (y/n). What's up?" You chuckle, pretending that you hadn't just been playing with your crush's hand. He yawned, rubbing his sockets. "Well, we had a bit of drama at the stand...you fell asleep on my shoulder." He chuckled nervously, averting his gaze. "Heh, yeah...i remember that much..." You giggle, continuing the account. "So i carried you until i found Poff and Papyrus around a corner. They led us home." You shortened it to a respectable length. Sans chuckled again, leaning back against the couch. "Cool. So, i kinda defeated the purpose of taking you out then, huh?" He watched you with that wide smile and lazy wink. You relax as well, chuckling. "Nah, i still got a little look around...and i had fun." You smile at him and he smiles wider. "Good to know." The conversation was suddenly severed by Papyrus's voice. "AH, SANS! YOU'RE UP!" He stepped out of the kitchen, beaming while holding a tray containing an impressive pizza. You both look up at him, somewhat in astonished silence. Sans was first to speak. "That's what i call a pizza with pizzaz." You try your best not to snort, but chuckle anyways along with Sans. Papyrus looks like he'd just been insulted. He huffed and walked to the couch, showing the pizza. "I WILL TRY TO IGNORE THAT. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE DISH, HUMAN?!" His second sentence was a lot happier. It seemed he was proud of his work. You look towards the pizza, and it actually looked...really good. Had you taught him that well? "It looks really good, Papyrus! Are those...meatballs?" "YES!! WE HAD NO PEPPERONI SO I USED WHAT I COULD!" You nod, genuinely proud of him. Sans also looked pretty impressed  at the pie. "Nice. So, you guys hungry?" You nod as Papyrus beams. "A little bit."

In short, the pizza was literally gone in minutes. It was amazing, to say the least. But now all three of you lay on the couch, not knowing what to do next. Papyrus perks up all of a sudden and speaks first. "HUMAN! YOU DON'T KNOW MANY OF OUR FRIENDS, DO YOU?" You shake your head. "Nope. Only Mettaton and...Frisk, was it?" You glance at Sans, who nods. "Yup." "WE MUST INVITE THEM OVER FOR YOU TO MEET THEM!!" That sounded cool. "Sounds interesting. I'm up for it if you are." Sans smiled wider, winking lazily again. "Fine with me." Nothing else could be said before Pap had a phone in his hand and was chattering away. It was a pretty funny cycle and both you and Sans did your best to hold in laughs. After about ten minutes of Papyrus squealing into a phone, he finally puts it down, looking triumphant. "THEY WILL BE HERE IN TWENTY MINUTES!!" You laugh a bit. "Really? That fast?" Sans chuckled. "Yup. None of our friends have gone to the surface yet." You giggle a bit. "Cool. Do you guys have a mirror here? I'm pretty sure i look like a mess..." You hadn't showered in over a week, you just noticed. And you wanted to be presentable for the skelly bro's friends. Sans snickered mischievously. "A pretty hot mess if you ask me...~" You puff out your reddening cheeks. "Shush." He laughs, sitting up straighter to survey you. "It's true though. You don't look bad." "I still wanna see for myself." Papyrus spoke up. "METTATON GAVE ME A MIRROR! I WILL GO GET IT!" He hopped off the couch, running up to his room. You watch the door over the back of the couch until it opens again. Papyrus held a square handheld mirror. He ran down the stairs again, stopping at the back of the couch to give you the mirror. "Thanks, Pap." "NO PROBLEM, HUMAN!!" The mirror was rectangular with what seemed like arms at the sides, and the handle was a stick with a circle at the end; like a wheel. You stopped looking at the mirror to look at yourself. You...actually didn't look that bad. Was that even possible? You just smoothed your hair a bit and untangled it with your fingers, and you looked perfectly fine. Sans chuckles from beside you. "What'd i say? Believe me now?" "Yep."

After a bit, there was a soft knock on the door. Papyrus jumped up immediately, laughing excitedly. Sans chuckled. "Who is it, bro?" You watch the door tentatively to see who would step through it. Papyrus opened the door, and the goat-woman you'd seen once before stepped in, hand in hand with Frisk. What was her name again? "TORIEL!! THANK YOU FOR COMING!" There it is. The little kid hugged Papyrus's leg, giggling. Pap beamed, picking him up. "AND YOU TOO, FRISK!!" Toriel chuckled, nodding. "Thank you for inviting us. You said it was to introduce us to a new human friend of yours?" You opened your mouth to reply when a red and blue blur sped into the house, accompanied with a "YOOOO PAPYY-!!" Toriel dodged at the last second, but wasn't able to save Frisk before the new person had tackled Pap to the ground. A snicker escaped Sans. You look at him. "You aren't worried that your brother was just tackled to the ground by someone?" Sans shook his head. "Nope. This is normal." Thankfully, when you looked back at Pap, an arm was raised into the air, with a laughing Frisk hanging off it. Toriel quickly grabbed a hold of the child to make sure they were okay. You suddenly noticed a lizard-like woman wearing glasses peering through the door. "U-undyne, be careful..." The one being referred to as Undyne had a long, red ponytail, red-edged fins for ears, and was currently giving Papyrus a noogie. Pap laughed with Undyne, and Sans chuckled at them. You giggle as well. Papyrus finally wrestles Undyne off, helping her up. "HELLO, UNDYNE!! AND ALPHYS, THANK YOU FOR COMING!" The lizard girl smiled nervously, chuckling a bit. "T-thanks for i-inviting us." Undyne had an arm around Papyrus, and he had an arm around her. "Yeah, thanks Skellies." Alphys wandered in; she was short and slightly chubby, with glasses. She'd come in with Undyne, who was in a plain t-shirt and leather jacket, with black pants. You waved at Alphys, who you just noticed had been staring at you. "Y-you're the human we're h-here to meet, right?" You nod. "Yup. I'm (y/n)." She smiles a bit more genuinely. Undyne caught sight of you as well, smiling brightly. "H'lo, punk." You chuckle. "Hullo, Undyne." She beams brighter. Toriel waves. "Hello, child. Your name is?" You smile. "(Y/n)." This might actually be a lot of fun... They seemed really nice people, even if Undyne was slightly dangerous. And it was all good until the recognizable voice rang through the room. Helloooo, Daaarliinggssss~!" Of course.