Chapter 9: Irritated Dragon and Forced Smiles

Lucy's POV

          Its Laxus. I can't believe it.

"La-kun? Is it really you?" I asked. I couldn't quite grasp this situation.

"Yes Lu its me.where have you been?"he hugged me tighter

"Oh you know,I've been ... Around."I said vaguely

"Well where are heading off to?"he kissed my forehead like he did when we were kids.

"I was going to crocus." I couldn't help but tell him the truth.

"Well I'm coming with you." He stated.
"You don't have to" I tried to make him forget about it  even if I wanted him with me .

"I want to, you're never leaving my line of sight ever again." The stubborn little dragon.

"Okay"I gave in,sighing.

"What will you do in crocus?"

"I will train myself and my elements"

"What elements?"

"You'll see."i winked.

"Last call for Crocus"
The speakers voiced.

"Come on La-kun!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me to the train.

We entered a booth and sat down. After a few minutes ,the train started to move and I saw laxus turned slightly green. I snickered and smiled slightly.

I grabbed his head and guided it to my lap,threading my fingers though his soft hair.he regained his color and he snuggled to my lap, eyes drooping.

"Sweet dreams La-kun."I kissed his cheek and continued playing with his hair.

--time skip--

      Laxus' POV
                 I woke up as the train finally stopped.I opened my eyes and immediately blushed. I was on her lap with her hands in my hair.

"We have arrived in Crocus"

I stood up and slightly shook Lucy. She grunted and turned the other side.

"Lu come on. We're here."
"Five more minutes La-kun" she mumbled .
I shook my head in amusement and carried her bridal-style. I blushed tenfold when she wrapped her hands around my neck and nuzzled her face and mumbled my name.

"La...laxus"

I got off the train and teleported to a restaurant.

"Lu wake up. Let's eat"

She rubbed her eyes and yawned. She looked at me and blushed Scarlet.

"Ugh hello laxus why are you carrying me?"

"I.. Uh.. Well... I" I couldn't find the words and she just giggled.

"Well I guess its OK la-kun.come on let's eat I'm starving" she said bashfully as her stomach growled.

"Okay let's feed the monster"I joked as we walked to the entrance.

"Ass" she grumbled while hitting me on my head.

"Hey!"

We entered the restaurant and we were immediately greeted by the waiter.

"Good morning! We have an available booth for two,right this way."

It was just a cafe yet it had the class of a formal restaurant. The guy led us to a table and showed us our seats. I sat on the right and as Lucy was going to sit,the waiter helped her and guided her while holding her hand.

I clutched the table in my hands as my knuckles turned white. I coughed from the back of my throat and turned to the waiter .

"Thank you for showing us our table, you may go now."I spat

"But i-"the waiter tried to argue

"Go.Now." I growled clearly irritated.

The waiter scrambled off and I left Lu to order our meals.

I went to the counter and ordered.

"Hello sir! Welcome to Jill's Joint! What would you like to order?" Said the overly cheerfully cashier.

"I'd have 1 XL and 1 L all-meat Burger with large fries ,and two cokes."

"That will be 50 jewels"

I gave her the money and made my way to our booth.

"So how is everyone?"

"Well when you were gone everything changed. Everyone was so sad that their attitude and habits were thrown off guard. The only good thing that had come out of your departure was that some of the guild members finally gathered the guts to ask their crushes out. Most of them are together already."I told her.

"Ooooh really?! That's really good! I hope they all find happiness in each other!"she said cheerfully.

"Yeah"I stared at her face.

"How about you?"

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Have you found someone worth you attention?"she asked.

I blushed.

"Well.. Ummm. Yeah. You c-could s-say that." I stuttered.

I swear I saw some emotions pass her eyes. Emotions that I couldn't pinpoint. She smiled at me though it was kind of forced.

"Lucy, are you alri-"

"Here are your orders,one XL all-meat burger with large fries and a come for the man. And a L all-meat burger with large fries and a coke for the lovely lady." The waiter placed out orders and not so discreetly handed Lucy a napkin and threw her a wink.

I growled low enough for other dragonslayers to hear.

"Laxus are you okay? Why'd you growl?"

I froze.

'She heard that?'

"Ummm that was nothing. Something got stuck at the back of my throat."I reasoned out.

"O..Kay" she left it alone and ate her food.

"Hey what was on the napkin?"I asked

"I haven't really looked at it.would you mind if I asked you to look at it for me?" She passed me the napkin

"Not at all" I grabbed it and opened the paper.

I tore the napkin and burned it with my lightning.

"What was in the napkin?" She asked her curiosity getting the best of her.

"Nothing of importance"I said nonchalantly.

The truth was, what was inside angered me to my limit. Inside the napkin was a name and a lacrima number. But what infuriated me most was the message that was for her.

---note---

             Drei
         #**x*X**#

Hey. Why don't you leave the troll and be with me.You won't regret it.I'll show you what its like to be with a real man.

Give me a call;)
-Drei
XOX
---EndofNote---

That asshole had the confidence to write that about me .if he thought that he would have my lucy,then he has another thing coming.

------*------*------*------*------

Hi! I updated again! Its a bit longer than my other chapters with 1010 words. Sorry for grammatical errors and misspelled words because I wrote this on my phone and I updated on my phone.

FOLLOW ME

VOTE AND COMMENT ON THE CHAPTER!