An Excited Dinner

Wow guys! I've been getting a lot of reads! Thanks guys! Luv ya! The first 20 Commenters, I'm going to put their finishes works in my Undiscovered Authors book! If you don't have works, I'll fan you and give you a shout-out! Alrighty, let's get to reading shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride to the restaurant was quiet. We weren't in trouble or anything, it was just how it was.

A thought came to my head, and I broke the silence. "Hey, why did all those girls in the auditorium get all bitchy and jealous? They looked like rabid animals when you pecked me on the cheek!" A simple brotherly gesture. Wait...Oh no! They were jealous because they thought we were a couple? That. Is. Disgusting. I mean, my brother is not my type..well of course he's not, he's my brother dammit.

He interrupted my thoughts by replying, "Well, Anna..I happen to be a very attractive young man, and you....happen to be a very average little girl." I knew he was teasing, but it still offended me. I am a very, very, very sensitive person. But most of the time I just mask my feelings, it's easier that way. But one year, I was very..lets just say, Unstable. I would never tell James that though.

I just glared at him with my arms crossed. "What? You know I was joking! But I know you know the reason why." He said looking out the car window.

"Actually, No I don't. That's why I'm asking you genius." I said irritatingly. He turned to face me, then he smirked. "Do you really want to know?" He asked, I saw mischief gleam in his eye. I rolled my eyes, "Duh."

"Well, during my years as a cadet in Starfleet, Lets just say..I got a lot of invitations to parties. Now when I think of a party, I think of straight-up craziness, drunkies, etc. So when I go to a party, I get drunk, get into fights ALOT~" James was cut off by Admiral scoffing. "You sure do boy." James just gave him a look.

"Anyways, I get drunk, impress some girls, they like me, usually One Night Stands, you know what I mean." He said. "So, that's why those girls got jealous. Because they thought you were my real, steady, girlfriend. And they were just One Night Stands. Hey look we're here!" He said getting out of the car.

I shuddered at the thought, I shook my head. ~Why'd you even ask?~ I thought.

I got out of the car, and saw a mysterious and dark man just standing on the sidewalk across the street. He looked like he was waiting for someone or something. He was tall, lean, had dark hair that was combed back, he had very very high cheekbones, he was pretty handsome I guess. I was still studying mystery man until James came around the car, "Come on Anna, I don't know about you but I'm hungry and I do~" He stopped talking when he saw mystery man. Even though we were staring at him, he wasn't paying any attention to us. James and I followed his gaze, I saw another man. He didn't look mysterious at all. He looked actually worried and anxious. He was going into the building "Come on Anna, this isn't our business." James said, guiding me towards the restaurant around the corner. Apparently, Admiral already left us to get our seats. Before I left, I caught his gaze. He was just so mysterious, and I got a feeling that something wasn't right. But I went into the restaurant anyway.

Once we were seated, James immediately picked up a menu and acted like he was interested in it. He was obviously avoiding the millions of questions I was about to ask. "I'm guessing you want answers." Admiral said. I nodded my head, as I sipped on a water. "Why are you here now, James? Why didn't you contact me before today? Why didn't you tell me you were okay, that you were even alive?" I asked aggravated. He lowered his menu slowly and looked at me. "Why don't you ask Admiral that question?" He said fake smiling. I frowned and gave a questioning look at Admiral. I didn't know he was involved in it.

"Well Anna, you know your parents and I were very close." He said. I nodded, "And?" "Before James's~" He began, but I cut him off. "Our Father." I Said warningly. He probably wasn't my biological father but he was better than "dad". And I didn't even meet Mr. Kirk. I didn't even take "dad" 's last name, he was so terrible. That was a conversation for later, I was still getting over the experience.

"Your guy's father said to me a week before he died. 'Keep my Family together, no matter what.' I'm a man of my word. Always was, always will be. Once I found James I talked him into signing into StarFleet. Don't ask how I found him." he chuckled. James smirked behind the menu he was "reading". "It wasn't that bad." He said. "You had tissues just flooding from your nose boy." Admiral said laughing. They both laughed. I really didn't want to know.

He began again, "Well, Kirk finally became Captain, now he's not." I gave them both questioning looks. Admiral shook his head, it looked like a sensitive subject so I dropped it. "Then everything was fine and dandy, until you, " He said pointing to me. "Enrolled in StarFleet. I remembered you when you were a baby. Your big brown eyes, just like your mother." He said smiling. He looked like he was enjoying a memory.

James cleared his throat from behind the menu. Admiral gave him a warning look, then he began. "I kept an eye on you the whole time. I didn't tell your brother you were there yet." "Why not?" I asked. "I didn't think both of you were ready to see each other yet." He said. Then a waiter came, asking for what we wanted. What did Pike mean? "Last week, I told James to come and surprise you on your Graduation. It was his fault he was late though." "Wasn't ready yet" I was perfectly ready! I was alone, thinking I had no one. But here is my irresponsible, immature, older brother who was late to my graduation!

I ordered a salad, and the men ordered some meat dish. "Oh and by the way, you're assigned to my-our ship." James said. I guess he wasn't used to being First Officer. I rolled my eyes, great more fun information I wanted to hear today. I looked out the window trying to avoid conversation. I had a lot more questions for both of them, but I just lost the mood. I had too much on my mind. My mind wandered to the mystery man. He looked so familiar. Like I've seen him before. I shook my head, thinking I'm crazy.

We got our food, and we immediately dug in. No one said anything for a while. Our mouths were filled with food. Then there was a huge boom that shook the whole restaurant. It shook so hard James, who was sitting right across from me, threw all of his food that was in his mouth....onto my shirt. This was my favorite shirt! "WHAT THE HELL!" I yelled at him. I was about to jump over the table to share his stomach mixture with him, until I spotted a mushroom cloud and a lot of debris.

It looked really bad, emergency vehicles were rushing by. When the three of us got outside there was chaos. James and Admiral went to get a closer look. I went around everything to see if there were any people who got away. I was searching, and searching, and searching. Then I spotted a dark figure running away. "Hey!", I said. "Hey! Are you alright? Where are you going?" I yelled at it. It just kept running.

I ran after the dark figure. When I caught up, I noticed it had the same clothing as mystery man. We were running in a dark alley, so he kindof blended in with his dark clothes. His pale skin caught my eye though. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him to face me. He was too strong, and FAST.

"Hey! Let me help you! Are you hurt? Let me-" I stopped talking when he turned around. I saw his eyes, they were a striking mixture of blue, green, and brown. I was trying to study him, but he got his arm out of my grip forcefully. It was so hard I stumbled back, tripped, and hit the back of my head on something metal. When I was on the ground, I saw him running away. I was going to say something, then I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey people! This is just a filler :) I've been getting a lot of reads and I love you guys! But there are no comments and/or votes! I really want to know your guys opinion! So please please please! Comment or Vote! It would really mean a lot!

Alrighty see ya soon!

••Eta••

Contact me!

Kik: Perpetua99