Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Robyn woke with a start. A soft whimper escaped her lips as the pain gripped her frozen. She turned her head to see a newly made cup of coffee. She forced herself to sit up and walk out the bed when she heard someone in the kitchen. The girl struggled up, her legs struggling to support herself up. She made her way to the kitchen, each step sent a shock of pain through her body. Slowly but surely, she made it to the kitchen.

There she saw him. Mark, who was staring at the wall taking deep breaths. Her face set into a frown. Mark turned his head slightly and saw Robyn from the corner of his eye.

"What are you doing out of bed?" he asked gently and got up from the stool. As soon as he was close to her, she brought her hand up and slapped him across the face.

"I told you to get out," she croaked out. It hurt to talk.

"Robyn you're hurt just let me-" he said weakly, going to pick her up.

"Whose fault is that?!" she snapped backing away from him. "Mark just leave, or-or," she said.

"Or what?" he said.

"I'll email Google back! I-I'll tell them-" her voice cracked as tears welled in her eyes. This sent Mark reeling away from her. He knew she wouldn't do that to anyone, still the words hurt him. "Just leave me alone."

"Is that what you really want? You want me to leave you," Mark whispered. His brown eyes filled with tears. "Robyn please I love you! Let me help you! I never meant to hurt you!"

"But you did Mark! Look!" her strained voice rose as she pointed her bruised neck. "And you don't have anymore software  from Google anymore. You were staring at me with those brown eyes. I'm not dumb Mark, I know when something isn't safe or healthy and this isn't either. I can't do this, just leave." His eyes sparkled with tears as he got up.

"I love you Robyn. I always will," he whispered before he headed out the apartment. Silent tears fell down Robyn's face. This had to happen, for herself, for her safety. She had known too many people who let one accident slid, and it escalated to something even worse. She would never let that happen to her. She sat down and flinched in pain.

"I'll always love you too, Mark," she whispered quietly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark sighed as he walked down the crowded street. I guess I'm on my own know, he thought to himself  and shoved his hands in his pockets. Robyn's brother's shirt fit tightly against his chest. He'd have to do something to disguise himself if   Google was looking for him. He also needed somewhere safe to stay.

He turned into an apartment complex silently. He remembered it, one of his old apartments from his past life. No one had bought it, and this gave him the perfect safe haven. Mark found a key he had hidden in a bush. Mark opened the door, examining the dark room. He sat on the old couch and sighed.

"Home sweet home," he muttered. He closed his eyes and sighed before focusing on one of his applications. He thought of a number that seemed familiar and called it.

"Hello?" a familiar voice answered. Mark smiled softly.

"Hey Jackaboy," he said quietly. There was a pause.

"Mark?" Sean asked quietly. "Where the bloody hell have you been?!"

"It's a long story, but you can't tell anyone. Before I need you to tell the fans I'm alright okay? I might no have videos for quite a while though," Mark said.

"O-of course, but what's going on?" his friend asked nervously.

"Well...."