Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Google IRL is still acting strange. I starting to doubt that it is an actual robot. Could there be such a thing as artificial intelligence now? I highly doubt it. There is something going on right under my nose but I can't seem to figure it out yet. I'm expecting to get to the bottom of this today.

----------------------------------------------

Robyn looked up from her laptop when she heard someone enter her room.

"Do you require assistance?" Google asked and walked up to her. She quickly closed her laptop screen and shook her head.

"No thanks. This is a personal thing," she lied. Robyn doubted the sanity of Google IRL, and she didn't want Google to snap because he found out she was using him.

He looked at her and glared a bit. She sighed and got up walking out of the room. Of course, Google followed her. She sat on the couch and bit her lip. "Google?" She asked.

"Yes?" he asked. His robotic eyes watched her. With him standing, he towered over her. Robyn felt a shiver down her spine. Something wasn't right.

"Do you have emotions?" she asked. He raised an eyebrow.

"No, robots are not programmed with emotions," he said.

"I didn't ask if you were programmed with emotions. I asked you if you had them," she said. She stood up and looked him straight in eyes. He set his jaw and looked down.

"Y-yes," he stumbled out. It ended with sounded like a growl. She looked at him gasping a bit. But that had to be impossible. She looked down and felt her chest aching. She knew what was wrong then. She gasped for air for a second. Not again.

She hadn't had an asthma attack since she was sixteen. She thought she was done with it but apparently not. She got up gasping and looking for her inhaler. Where did she put the damn thing? She started to rummage through drawers. Did she leave it somewhere? She felt Google's eyes on her.

"C-call help," she gasped. She opened he last drawer, her vision going out. She saw it. She went to grab it but her knees buckled leaving the inhaler out of reach. She gasped and looked up tears in her eyes.

The last thing she saw was Google standing over her smiling....

------------------------------------------------

Google smiled over her and laughed as she passed out. He was free and he didn't even have to do anything. She saw her like that still gasping in her sleep.

We have to help her, said a voice in his head.

Why should we? he growled back. She's one of them. The ones who did this to use.

She's not like them. She can help us. Look at her. She's going to die if we don't help her.

That's kind of the point, Google thought bitterly. He sighed. Fine but no cops. He grabbed the inhaler from the drawer and shook it. He put it to her mouth and let her breathe into it. He held it there for a while before pulling it up. She was breathing normally.

He sighed and picked her up and brought her to the bed. He couldn't believe he saved her.

------------------------------------------------

Robyn woke slowly and gasped feeling herself in her bed. Her head was pounding. She looked at the glass of water by her table and grabbed it, chugging it. She heard a chuckle and looked up to see Google. He was standing by the edge of the bed.

"Hello," he said.

"Y-you saved me," she said quietly. He nodded a bit.

"Yes I did," he said.

"Why?" she asked. He looked at her and shrugged. She bit her lip. "Alright. What do I call you?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Well you have emotions and you saved my life. I'm not going to keep calling Google."

He smiled and watched her nodding. "Mark. You can call me Mark."