Chapter Nine

"You aren't any better than them!" Mark screamed in her face. Robyn tried to gasp his name, but was stopped by his ever squeezing fingers. "You are just using me just like them!"

"S-stop," she managed to gasp out. He glared and dropped her to the ground as soon as Robyn's vision was almost completely taken over by black dots. She gasped for air, but it seemed to be lost from her throat.

"Tell me, why shouldn't I kill you?" Mark growled. His eyes faded from red to brown, but the expression of hate stayed. She opened her mouth to answer, but all that came out was the voice of a wounded animal. She pointed to her laptop weakly, still gasping for her breath. Mark growled slightly and picked up the laptop. He flipped open the top and looked at the article. This time he scrolled to the last one.

Mark, his name is Mark. He is no robot or Google IRL. He is a human being with robot parts forced into him. I have fixed all parts that had hurt him, but it doesn't seem like I did enough. I know he still has things that ails him. I want to help him, and that is why I am canceling this project. I don't care if I get a F and fail out. All I want to do is help him, and I can't do that worrying about an A. This is more for me as a closure, as it will never be published. Mark isn't a robot, so I simply can't use it as a robotic problem. This is the end of my project.

Mark's eyes softened as he read through the article. He blinked his eyes to their constant brown. He looked around quickly. "Robyn?" he asked confused to what happened. He remembered as soon as his eyes set on her. "Oh god no," he whispered. He grabbed her inhaler and ran to her.

Robyn laid down, still gasping and coughing terrible. Mark crouched next to her to help her with her inhaler. She backed away slightly, putting her hands up to her face.

"Baby I'm so sorry," he whispered. He went to cup her face in his hands. This made Robyn cower away more. Mark looked at her, tears brimming in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I never wanted to hurt you like that. I don't know what happened, just please." Robyn's green eyes poked out from behind her arms. She slowly lower down her arm and opened her mouth to say something.

"What is it love?" He asked. After finally catching her breath, she let out with a strained voice.

"Get out."

"W-what?" Mark asked. Her eyes narrowed as she struggled to sit up.

"Get out!" she said a little more confidently, even though her voice still strained. "I took out the chip that was supposed to be making you like that but that was you!" Tears fell down her cheeks. "I want you to get the hell out of my apartment."

"Robyn please, I love you," he whispered.

"I thought you did too, but you proved me wrong," she whispered. "Now get out." Mark looked at her with tears in his eyes before kissing her cheek. This made her flinch away in fear. Mark sighed quietly and got up, walking out the door. 

Mark sighed as he approached the apartment later that day. He wanted to apologize to Robyn and see if she was alright. He went up and knocked on the door. Worried when there was no answer, he opened the unlocked door and looked around. "Robyn?" he asked.

There came in a stumbling Robyn. Her eyes were distant, and she reeked of alcohol. "Ohhhh, it's Mr. MARKIMOOOO," she said, swinging on her feet. Mark raised an eyebrow.

"Are you drunk?" he asked.

"Maybe," she giggled as she hiccuped. Mark grabbed her arm gently and led her to the couch. She leaned against him with all her weight. Her hair fell off her neck, showing dark bruises forming all around her neck. Mark closed his eyes and sighed.

"Oh I'm so sorry," he whispered under his breath. Robyn seemed to be to preoccupied with messing with her hair then to hear him. "Why are you drunk?"

"It stops everything from hurting," she mumbled and yawned. Soon she fell asleep on top of Mark's lap. He wiped away
some of his tears as he gingerly picked up the girl and carried her to her bedroom. As soon as he touched her back, she whined in her sleep. This made him rush to her room and lay her down. Mark lifted her shirt slightly to see a giant bruise forming on her back.

"What did I do?" he whispered before tucking the girl in and kissing her forehead goodnight.