Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Robyn smiled softly as she felt Mark's breath on her neck. Two warms arms wrapped around her in a tight hug. She giggled slightly as she wiggled out of his arms and went to fix food. Her hair was tussled from a good night's sleep. She practically jumped out of her skin when two arms grabbed her.

"Mark! Don't scare me like that!" she whined. Mark chuckled into her ear.

"Come back to bed please," he whispered.

"But coffee," she said as she continued to fix the pot. He laughed and sat down at the counter. At the moment, he was only in a pair of shorts she had found earlier that her brother had left. All his original clothes were in the wash. His bare chest showed the robotics which he was wary of showing at first, but Robyn reassured him.

Robyn jumped slightly when she heard a sudden beep coming from Mark. Mark jumped in uncertainly.

"It appears you have a very urgent email," he said. His eyes reflected a blue glow slightly as her email appeared as a hologram in front of her. She watched as the email opened in front of her.

Dear Ms. Robyn Blu,
It appears you have been delivered a faulty Google IRL by mistake. As you could probably tell by now, it is riddled with bugs and viruses and is very dangerous. Please notify us as soon as you get this, and we will replace this Google IRL  with a fully functional one.
Thank you,
Google.

Robyn bit her lip slightly as she read it. Her head snapped up when she heard a very panicked gasp from Mark. The hologram shut itself off. She took a step towards Mark, who stood and stumbled away.

"P-please don't send me back. Please, I don't want to be there again. I just want to be with you and safe and-" his words were cut off as a few tears fell down his cheeks. Robyn walked up to him and hugged him tightly, before leading him to sit on the couch.

"I won't, not ever Mark. I won't send you back to Google, I swear," she whispered. Mark whimpered and rested his head in her lap.

"They'll hurt me. They'll make sure I won't ever remember anything about myself." Robyn shushed him quietly and played with her hair.

"I won't let them to that. I won't let them take you." Her lips brushed his forehead as she stared in his brown eyes. He pulled her down with him and snuggled his face in her chest. She smiled gently and hummed to him while stroking his hair.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," Robyn smiled. "To the moon and back."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark sat in Robyn's room, her laptop sitting on top of his lap. He was watching YouTube to try and remember more about his past life. B.G., he thought, Before Google. He sighed as the video he was watching ended. He exited the browser and clicked to shut off the laptop. His mouse slipped and he accidentally hit an icon on her desktop. He went to to exit quickly until he saw the title.

Google IRL Project.

His eyes scanned the first article.

Google In Real Life, commonly referred to as Google IRL has still not come in yet. It's delivery day was supposed to be today. I will be reviewing the prototype for bugs and system malfunctions. I will also try to review its complex system.

Then to the next...

I have come to believe that Google IRL has more bugs than anything else . The robot is showing signs of aggression and annoyance. Emotions in a robot is unheard of but so is a robot needing to eat, drink, and sleep. I will keep up my report.

He finally stopped at the third article.

Google IRL is still acting strange. I starting to doubt that it is an actual robot. Could there be such a thing as artificial intelligence now? I highly doubt it. There is something going on right under my nose but I can't seem to figure it out yet. I'm expecting to get to the bottom of this today.

Mark shut the laptop, his eyes glowing red orbs.

Robyn heard the door from her room slam, and she jumped up to see what had happened.

"Mark?" she asked gently. What she saw terrified her. Mark was glaring at her with glowing red eyes.

"Don't you mean Project. That's all I am right?" he growled. His eyes flickered between brown and red, but both showed fire behind their eyes. Robyn gulped slightly.

"Mark I can explain, just let me-" She didn't get to finish that sentence. Mark rushed up and grabbed her, slamming her against the wall with all his might. She cried out as he wrapped his fingers around her neck.