Gone......?

THANK YOU THANK YOUI THANK YOU STARSCREAMM!!!!!!!!!! hope the rest of you who like this story will fan too!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

~~~Tyler’s POV~~~

            I felt my panic level rise as we got closer and closer to Bircth. To say that the ship looked alright would be the understatement of the year. There were too many holes in the sail caused by cannonballs to count, and the wood from the ship had a blackish tint, like it was burnt. In the ocean surrounding the area were barrels of food and supplies floating around. From our distance, I could see people limping or simply putting all their weight on whoever was carrying them. The rest though, laid still like they were sleeping. One can only hope that they were just sleeping.

By the time we pulled up next to Bircth, I could tell that the battle had been very fierce; there was still much blood to clean up. Ariana’s blood better not be a part of that! I quickly pulled out the necklace that belonged to her, hoping for some kind of response from it. But nothing out of the norm happened, to help ease my guilt that I felt. Maybe, if I hadn’t decided to send her back, the heavens wouldn’t have been mad and let Ariana suffer this fate. If she’s hurt in any way, it would be my fault again.

            Dread filled me as I climbed over to the other ship. I quickly walked past everything and went to the medical room. There’s no doubt that Caida would choose to defend her ship over her life. And seeing the state everyone was in here, she would most definitely be in the medical center either getting bandaged up or helping mend other people.

When I opened the door, I avoided everyone who tried speaking to me and just scanned the room looking for her. She was in the very back corner, lying down while someone was pressing a block of ice to her head and someone else was dabbing at her rib area. Briskly walking, I took the ice out of the girls hand and told her to attend to someone else.

 Sitting down, I pressed back to her forehead and gently asked,” Are you okay?”

Caida slowly opened her eyes, and softly chuckled, “I’m fine. I probably look like a mes though.”

            I took a closer look at her and could see that her hair was matted with blood. Purple and blue bruises were starting to form up and down her arms, and I could see the beginnings of a black eye on her face. There were many small minor cuts on her legs and she looked like she desperately needed a shower. I brushed back strand of her hair and said,” Nah, you look beautiful.”

            “Haha,” she laughed then looked at me seriously, “Listen, I’m sorry. They had me tied back so I couldn’t stop them. I tried telling her to go, but it was no use.”

            “Ariana’s gone huh?” I stated trying to control the sobs coming up in my chest.

            “Dead gone? No. Captured gone? Yes.” Caida said.

            My mood lifted the slightest bit, “Not dead though, right?”

            “Nope.”

            I stood up very suddenly; startling the girl next to me who had started stitching up Caida’s side. I gave an apologetic smile and gave her the ice I was holding. I bent down and kissed Caida’s forehead and told her, “I’m sorry to be leaving you like this, but I must go find her. It is imperative that I don’t lose her. Get better soon.”

            And with that, I walked back to my own ship, barking orders to follow the Royal Deck and catch up to them. Ariana, even if I don’t love you from the bottom of my heart, I won’t let you suffer the same fate as Serena. You will live; I will make sure of it.

~~~Ariana’s POV~~~

            Ughh, the sunshine isn’t helping my headache here. I pushed myself up to a sitting position sluggishly, and blinked my eyes twice to get the sleepiness out of them. When they were clear, I looked around the room and almost had a heart attack. This wasn’t my room at home, on Tyler’s ship, or even on Bircth. I’ve never seen this place, why am I here? Cautiously, I got out of the bed that was covered in black silk sheets with dark blue pillows. Black and blue seemed to be a theme within the room. Sometimes a spot of dark green would pop up, but other than that it was just the same colors over and over. A picture on the dark redwood table seemed to stand out though. It looked out of place from this polished room, being put in a faded plastic reach for the stars frame. It was turned to face the wall though, and my curiosity got the best of me. Why would anyone purposely not want to look at the picture? It must be important then, maybe it will give me a hint as to where I am. Flipping the picture to face me, I studied it. It was a family. A smiling mother standing next to a big buff man who’s happiness and kindness could be noticed even from a picture. In between them stood a child, no older then 12, who seemed to be having the best time of his life. He vaguely reminded me of someone. Gasping I dropped the frame back onto the table, I remember now. It was that man, the one who took me last night. Panicking, I whirled around looking at the room differently. I memorized it, searching for any escape route besides the door, for the best hiding spots, and any potential weapons I could use. I dragged the desk over to the door, and started prying the window open. I couldn’t stay here! The worry in Caida’s eyes came back to me, stopping my efforts of leaving the room. They were filled with panic for me, not her. Even if she didn’t say it, I knew. Stay away from the other captain, he was dangerous.

            Coming out of my daydream, I continued pulling at the window handle. Out of nowhere, footsteps could be heard. They got louder with each step and eventually stopped in front of my door. The handle started to turn and slowly, the door started to open……………………….only to be stopped by the weight of the desk. No! What was I suppose to do now?