°•°•°2°•°•°

When we arrive to Barons High, an all werewolf high school, we walk to our lockers.

"I can't believe we're going to find our mates today!" Rebecca cheerfully, but astonishingly says.

"I'm just glad that this is the one good thing that will come out of our birthday," I reply back.

Hopefully we both get our mates the same day. Not every werewolf gets their  mate the same day, sadly.

We take out the books that we need for class, and we arrived in class just two seconds before the bell rang.

In art, since there's assigned seats, I sit at a different table than Rebecca.

"Okay class, today we will learn how to draw a realistic city scape," Mr. Roberts says. "You will have this for homework after I teach you how to do this. You have two weeks!"

After all his talking and teaching us how to do the boring basics, we tried it on our own in class.

______

As I enter the lunch room, this wonderful scent of chocolate chip cookies and mint comes to my sense. I know that my mate is here. My eyes eagerly search for him.

Rebecca taps on me excitedly. "I don't care right now, I'm just super duper excited. I know he's bullied me, and beat me but... Mich, he's my mate. He's all fucking mine."

"So you're saying that my mean, bitchy ass, mother fucking cousin is your mate. My life is ruined," I groan.

"Hey, I know he's mean, but he won't be anymore... to me at least. Did you find your mate yet?"

"Well not yet. I don't k-"

And that's when my eyes landed upon him. The soon to be Alpha of the Havens Pack. The popular kid, every girls' dream, the son of Alpha Mark Winters. He's my other half. My night and shining armor, my mate.

Me and Blake Winters lock eyes with each other. The way his eyes looked when he finally found his one mate. The excitement when he knew the searching was finally over.

I know he has done very horrible things to me, but the only thing that I can do is accept it and move on. He's my mate and I know he won't try to hurt me anymore.

But, then his eyes turn completely black. They're not filled with love, nor lust. Just with hate; with anger. My wolf howls inside, knowing that he doesn't want us. I drop my eyes to the floor, not wanting to look at him again.

I look to find Mich, and he's approaching us. His mouth is put into a thin line and his eyes are filled with hatred.

What did we do to deserve so much hate? Rebecca mind links me.

I think it will be better for us to just leave the lunch room I say.

I look back at Blake one more time before grabbing Rebecca's hand, and pulling her out the lunch room. I look at Rebecca's face expression, Rebecca's eyes begin to swell with tears.

"Please no Rebecca. Not now. I know you're hurt, but you have to keep strong."

She nods and wipes her eyes with her hands.

"It's just, my wolf was so happy, I was happy. To find out that there's no hope between us. It makes me want to die."

I start to tear up now. She hugs me and we both bawl our eyes out together. In my direction, Mich and Blake are walking towards us. I close my eyes and me and we let go of each other.

Now inches away, Mich walks over to Rebecca, and grabs her arm, leading her down the hallway.

Since they're still close to my frequency range, I heard every word perfectly fine.

My eyes paid attention to Blake, who only stared at me back, but my ears are attentive to their conversation.

"Why don't you want me?" Rebecca asks nervously.

"Because your a waist of my time." Mich licks his lips.

"That's not a good enough reason."

"I don't need to give you a better explaination. If I don't want you, I don't want you."

Blake is taking steps closer to me, making my back get closer to the lockers. My back finally touches the lockers and Blake traps both hand on either side of my arms. We are so close that my legs feels like marshmellows. The butterflies in my stomach won't stop fluttering.

He punches me in the stomach and I bite my tongue to prevent me from yelping. I try so hard to not cry.

I hear a slap, and Mich is holding his hand over his cheek.

"You ugly retard!" He pushes her to the ground and kicks her leg.

"I Mich Carters, reject you, Rebecca Saunders."

Rebecca screamed in pain and held her stomach tight.

Blake punches me again, snapping me back to his attention. I felt the pain surge up all the way to my chest.

"Please moon goddess. Make this pain stop," I cry.

"Don't worry Brooklyn, we'll get through this together," my wolf, Essence says.

I am filled with so much pain. He then backs up away from me and smirks.

"I Blake Winters, rejects you, Brooklyn Carters."

I fall to the ground holding my stomach. I look up at him with so much horror.

My heart shattered. I feel like I can't breathe. The pain is just too much. I'll just die tonight.

"I'm sorry for not being the person you wanted as a mate. Trust me, your life is going to get easy after this," I manage to say.

He looks at me with confusion. Blake shakes his head and calls for Mich.

"Come on bro, it's time to go back to lunch. We don't want to keep our girlfriends waiting."

I tighten my arms around my stomach and slowly walk over to Rebecca.

I slowly help her up, passing a few groans here and there. We walk out the school in silence, silently crying to ourselves.

˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛* ˛° * °˚ • *˚ . *˛˚ •˚ * ˚. *˛ ˚* ˚ ˚