°•°•°1°•°•°

The end result is still the same. My life will always be the same, but the people I love come and goes.

We soar in the sky like birds and with every passing second we grow. You never know what can happen in life.

Today is not only my birthday, but it's also a person who is very special to me, my best friend.

Rebecca and I have known each other since we were 9.

We get bullied everyday and it's a hassle to hide the bruises that appear on us. Showing weakness and fear makes the beatings more painful. The tears only flow when we're by ourselves.

Our days have been the same for 2 years. I wonder everyday how in such little time, our life can be changed from a happy one, to a horrible ruined one by people.

"You can't go outside Brooklyn!" Asher half yelled half whispered to me.

"I need to Asher! If I don't go then I won't find Rebecca. I need Rebecca, Asher! She's my best friend," I cried.

"No, I'm sorry Brooki. I promised dad that I'll look after you. We have to stay in the room. I'm your older brother and just listen to me this once."

I secretly wished that my heart was dark so I can hate my brother. I also wished that I had the balls to curse at my brother. I rolled my eyes and climbed on my bed.

"Please let me in!!" Rebecca banged on the door.

I rushed to the door, but Asher blocked me. He sniffed the air and opened the door.

"A rouge got in from the window man!" Drake yelled horrifically, rushing in the room.

I ran to Rebecca and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she smiled.

"I should be the one glad that you're okay."

Asher slammed the door shut and locked it. Drake barricades the door with my bed. We sat in silence for abut two minutes.

There was banging on the door and a rouge crashed in from the window, glass shattering everywhere. I ran to Asher, gripping his waist.

"Dad!!!!! Please!!! Helpp!" I started to yell.

We're all yelling and huddled together. The rouges came closer, slightly growling.

Drake kicked the rouge and the rouge quickly grabbed him by the throat, flinging him.

Rebecca started to cry and I just stared with horrified eyes.

Before the rouge can grab me, my dad knocked the door down. He slashed the girl's neck with his claws, blood splattered on my face.

"Drake are you okay?" My father asked.

"Yes Uncle Richards," Drake responded.

"Stay in here." Dad moved my dressing table over and revealed a secret passage way. "Do not come out until I get you.