Chapter 49 - My Saviour

Start from the beginning

"Come on Isabella, you can't be one of those girls who looks for the perfect guy, because no one is perfect. If you keep looking for the perfect person, you'll never find anyone." Britney said speaking up causing me to sigh. I guess that is what I was doing. Trying to find someone perfect. But in reality there was no one. So would that mean, I'd never find that one person I wanted to spend my whole life with? I sounded pretty cheesy right now, but it wasn't my fault I was a romantic.

"Okay, why are we discussing my love life?" I asked causing Britney to snort.

"What love life?" She said before bursting out laughing with my mom. I glared at her before complaining to my dad. My dad being the sensible one, quieted everyone down.

"Isa will go to prom if she wants to. And if she wants to find the perfect man then we will let her. Besides, I want my daughter to have the perfect man too. I won't let her settle for any less. She deserves the best." He said causing me to smile.

"Thank you daddy." I said before continuing on with dinner. As I ate, I recalled the dreams I had of this mysterious man, always saving me from the Demon King. I've had so many of those dreams since I was little. I'd love to go to prom with him, my saviour. From what I remember from those dreams, he was absolutely gorgeous. Tall, dark and handsome. Just perfect. But a dream is a dream and this is reality.

"Dad, isn't the government supposed to choose twenty girls to send to the Demon King around this time? They haven't yet." I said, hoping they actually already had because I had turned eighteen this year and I could be a possible candidate.

"Didn't you hear? It got cancelled. The King isn't accepting anyone. It's kind of strange if you ask me, because he hasn't taken any humans and killed them in a while and now he's not accepting any girls." My dad said causing me to agree. It was strange.

"Did he suddenly realize what he's been doing is wrong?" I asked causing my parents to shrug their shoulders. "Let's hope." Brit said as she finished the last of her rice.

I felt really weird suddenly. Something felt off and I had a really weird feeling settle deep inside me. Something felt wrong. Sometimes when you know something bad is going to happen, you get this strange feeling, and that's kind of how I felt mixed with something else I couldn't really pinpoint. It almost felt like sadness hidden deep within me. I didn't get where it was coming.

I excused myself from the dinner table, not feeling well at all. Something felt really off. Something felt missing. It was as if there was a hole somewhere deep inside of me. A piece of me missing. I tried to shake myself out of it but I couldn't. It felt like there was a huge weight on my shoulders. And I didn't like it. It felt like it was eating me whole and I felt really frustrated.

I decided I needed sleep. School was clearly having a negative effect on me. I quickly changed into my pj's and brushed my teeth. I then got into bed, pulling the covers up. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep. But I couldn't. I honestly couldn't. Something felt unusual. But everything was the same as it had always been. Same bed, same pillow, same blanket. Same everything. But there was something that felt really different.

I opened the window, thinking I might need some fresh air, but after a while I realized it wasn't that. I racked my brain for what could possibly be bothering me so much. I felt so anxious but there was nothing to be anxious about.

For the next three hours or so, I tossed and turned trying to go to sleep until I eventually fell asleep and fell into a dream.

It was very dark and I was in a forest. I felt lost. I didn't know anything about where I was. And I felt watched. I couldn't see anyone but I knew someone or something was out there watching my every move. I should have felt scared but I didn't. I felt comfort in whoever was watching me. Because it wasn't a creepy feeling that you'd get, but more of a feeling of knowing that someone is watching over you, protecting you from any dangers that might be coming your way.

Suddenly I heard a loud growl and I looked to my left to see a huge animal like creature staring back at me. It was too dark to see what it was but it was huge and I could see it flash its teeth at me, a feral look in it's glowing yellow eyes. Fear overtook my senses and I didn't know what to do anymore. I cautiously took a few steps back bumping into something warm, hard and comforting. It was a person.

Whoever it was, wrapped their arms around me. "Shhh you're safe here with me." I heard a male voice whisper as his lips lightly brushed my ears causing me to close my eyes at the sensation. There was a scary animal/creature that could attack at any moment and here I was melting in some strangers arms. I felt safe though. Somehow I knew nothing bad would happen as long as I stayed with this stranger.

I opened my eyes just in time to see the animal jump and about to attack us. I screamed closing my eyes, expecting the animal to hit us. But nothing happened. I slowly opened my eyes to find the animal retreating away. Once it was gone, all I could focus on was the warm muscular arms wrapped around my waist, and the lips pressed gently against my neck letting off warmth. "I told you, you were safe." A deep husky male voice whispered softly before letting go of me. I stared down at the ground in silence for a bit before turning around to thank whoever it was but I was surprised to see no one there.

I quickly looked around everywhere, but I was all alone. There was absolutely no one in sight. I felt disappointed as I wanted to know who it was. I wondered if it was my saviour from all the other dreams I've had. I totally bet it was, and now I felt even more disappointed. Why'd he leave? I wanted to talk to him. I liked talking to him.

I sighed sitting down on the ground and looked up at the night sky, smiling at all the stars twinkling above. It was so beautiful, a sight you didn't get to see in the city very often. Or at all really.

*****

I woke up the next morning feeling a lot better than yesterday night. Especially because of the dream I had. I thought it would have been a nightmare with the animal/creature but it turned out a lot better than I had originally expected. I still wondered who that stranger was, even though I was pretty sure it had to be the same mysterious man I always dreamed about.

My saviour.

Except this was the first time he didn't stick around long enough for us to have an actual conversation, like we usually did whenever he appeared in my dreams. I was really disappointed since he didn't really appear in my dreams every night like I wished he would. Just occasionally. And this time I missed my chance to talk to him.

It was kind of insane that I was so enamoured with this guy from my dreams. A guy who probably didn't even exist. I wished he did. That would honestly be so great.

Anyways, I got up and started getting dressed for school. I was so happy it was a Friday today, the end of the week. Finally. I had been waiting for the weekend to come for a while, so I could get some break from school. But I would have a lot of homework to do which made me groan. Oh well, at least I wouldn't have to wake up early in the morning for the next two days.